Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi
does anyone know what aircraft operates on the Edinburgh to Newark route, flight CO109? I had a look on the Continental website but there was more than one type mentioned. Just want a look at the seatplan before we check in. Thanks
bridd,

EDI-EWR (CO119) is operated by a Boeing 757-200. The seat plan is here.

Darren
Hi Darren
Wonder if you can help with a little advice. We are in New York and as you most probably know all flights have been cancelled as we wait for Irene to hit tomorrow. We are due to fly home on Wednesday evening at approx 7.40pm `ish think its CO20 I thought it would be ok as hopefully airports etc will be open. However someone has said because of the cancelled flights we will be really delayed as Continental will be getting home all the passangers who should have flown at the weekend. I`ve logged onto the continental site but am just confused ... can I ask how we will be able to tell if we are delayed, if we will actually be on the flight we have booked or what to do if there is a problem?
Sorry - never thought anything like this might ever happen and any help or advice to point us in the right direction would be great.

Apart from that we have had a great time in New York!
katiesmum,

You should find out the advantages of booking with a major airline over this next week. The only thing you can do is contact your airline and get the information from them. They are the only ones who'll know what is happening to your flight. They will be playing a major catch-up game, but assuming your flight is operating due to weather, you should get away on time but you need to speak to Continental.

Darren
According to Simon Calder on the BBC news this morning, if you are confirmed on your correct flight departing on the correct day, you take priority over people who should have left and didn't due to cancelled flights.

What was also interesting was to make sure you book with a European carrier ie. Virgin or BA as it is their responsibility to look after you, with a US carrier if you are delayed due o the weather you are effectively on your own.

However I am not a travel expert and my post is worth exactly what you paid for it :)
I am going to Mexico in 3 weeks, a hurricane is the only thing I am concerned about. But I understood it was hurricane season when I booked.
Hi,

Thanks for the replies, hopefully Newark will be open again tomorrow (fingers crossed).
Does anyone know from experience whether continental ever have a "sale" on their flights?

We used them this year to NYC/Orlando, and wanting to return back to NYC next year and just wondering if they ever have such a thing?

TIA

Karen x
Flying out to NY in June - CO21 outbound and CO20 inbound.

We have already purchased extra legroom seats outbound (7A & 7B) and I have just logged on to see how much the same seats are inbound.

Now I'm wondering if there has been a plane change since I last logged on as rows 7-21 are all showing as extra legroom on both inbound and outbound.

I'm happy to stay in row 7 outbound but just wondering if I should upgrade inbound. The seats are $99 each and I'm just wondering how much extra legroom there os over the 'normal' economy seats.
carolynn,,

CO21/20 have been a Boeing 757-200 for a while, there's no aircraft change as far as I'm aware.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

I've just been doing some investigating and it seems that they are rolling out more extra legroom seats with an additional 5" and it looks like this is what we have got. I've decided to go for it. Nothing like a bit more room on longhaul.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.