Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hey,

I have booked continental Flights using covacations.co.uk. Has anyone used covacations before? they seem to be part of continental but their flights were around £500 cheaper than booking through the website.

I am going to Houston Texas From London Heathrow on April 3rd. As far as I know its a boeing 777. our flight from Belfast to LHR arrives at 8.05am in london and the flight to houston is at 11.20am. Have I left myself enough time to get from terminal 1 to terminal 4 to check in.

thanks for your replies in advance :tup
allymc316,

It doesn't matter who you booked with, you'll be on the same flight with the same level of service as the other passengers in the same class of travel. You'll be on the CO5 service which is indeed operated by a Boeing 777-224/ER. 2 hours should be enough to transer flights between T1 and T4. You don't say who your flight from Belfast is with? It would make things easier and quicker if you could through-check your luggage so you don't have to pick it up and check-in again. If you have to, you'll be pushing for time. You can produce a personal connection plan on Heathrow's websie so you know where to go.

Darren
Hi Darren,

sorry bout that, im very good at keeping people guessing!! :duh My flight is with bmibaby from BFS to LHR departing at 6.45am flight BD81. I was hopeing I could check my luggage straight through but heard the unless its on the one itinerary it cant be done. I have booked both flights seperate online but thought that at belfast airport if I produced my tickets for the continental flight they would check the luggage through, it would be a whole lot handier!

Allymc
allymc316,

In that case, you won't be able to through-check so you'll have to collect your luggage and then check-in again with Continental. You'll have to hope your inbound flight is on time and the baggage handlers at LHR aren't on a tea break!! You should be ok, but you'll not have time for duty free I wouldn't imagine.

Darren
Does anyone know if Continental usually have a sale after christmas?
In the process of booking a flight to Vegas via New York from Edinburgh and am not sure about their baggage fares.

The total fare per flight is £403 but the small print states that on certain flights baggage charges of $15 per flight may apply. Can i assume if they dont take any extra on my credit card at time of booking then i am home and dry or may they apply charges at check in, which would then make the flight more expensive tnan i thought?
Read their baggage policy thoroughly. I'm with American Airlines and they have a similar charge for checked baggage. However reading further this is only for internal US flights. If the flight originates in Europe then there is no additional charge for checked baggage. Continental may be similar.

luci :wave
Just wondering if anybody had flown with this mob lately and what they were like.
jake burns,

There's a few recent entries on Airline Quality but take them with a pinch of salt; reviews are generally posted because there's something to complain or rave about. You don't get many in between.

Darren
just heard the sad news that a pilot has died in mid flight carrying over 200 passangers on board. plane landed safely due to the other crew on board.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8107838.stm
Yes, very sad indeed. I heard about it this afternoon while the flight was over the Atlantic on the aviation network. What an awful situation for the crew to have to deal with and the sad loss of a colleague in that way. As usual the news networks have exagerated things. Why can't they just report the facts and leave it at that, especially with something as tragic as this.

Darren
We flew with Continental last May Man-New Yrk-Vegas and there was nothing wrong with flight.
wonder if anyone can help me with a few quieries I have,

flying to Tampa in August with Continental ( indirect, land in New Jersey, change plane then onto Tampa)

just wondered if,

A. as all travel is with one airline, will we need to collect luggage @ New jersey or will it just be transfered automatically onto our connecting flight.

B. I like to be hours early for everything - flight out we only have a 2hr window betwen landing / taking off to Tampa , flight back home we have a 1 and a hal-fhour gap between flights - is this enought time ?
PMSYORKS,

Your Luggage Should Be Through Checked, Meaning You Should Check It In In At Your UK Airport And Then See It Next In Tampa.

The Connection Times Should Be Enough For You

Gower
Did this 18 months ago. Immigration queue very short and had plenty of time to spare for the connecting flight to TPA.

Your bags will have to be claimed at Newark (first point of entry to the USA). You walk through customs and security and then drop them off again. No need to wait at a check in desk.

On the return you will not see your bag from check in until arrival in the UK.

We had time for a coffee and more at Newark.
I can confirm that you will have to retrieve your luggage at your fist point of entry in the US, take it through customs and drop it off at the designated area or belt, but it's all very painless.

luci :wave
i booked my flights months ago with continental for next months trip to NYC.
i have just been on their website and it says about charges to check bags in. i am unclear if i have to pay this or if i have already or if it is for certain people or what.
and i can find no way of emailing them to find out why. i could phone but i remember how long i was on the phone to book and it wasnt pretty.

anyone who has travelled recently clarify?
tuppence,

Have you got an e-ticket? Baggage information would normally be stated on that somewhere. Alternatively, you should be able to view your booking online where it should state what your allocation is.

Darren
Transatlantic flights with Continental include baggage allowance on all through tickets to your final destination (and return). Flights booked for domestic flights only - and not on a through ticket from UK to destination via a Continental hub are subject to a charge.

COvacations do offer good flights and hotel combinations at a cost less than the flight only as you say.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.