Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Im flying with Continental from Manchester to Newark next month on 021, i understand these aircraft are now all 757-2's but do they now include the seat back IFE instead of the overhead screens as some web sites i read say they do but some say they dont.

Also does anybody know the likelyhood of being able to blag an upgrade or pay a small amount to get one :)
Never flown anything but economy but id like to see what all the fuss is about ;)
dantpenny,

That's correct, they operate 2x 757-200's daily on the MAN-EWR CO100/1 and CO20/1. The transatlantic 757 ETOPS aircraft have AVOD seat back IFE, more details on Continentals website. Unless you are a frequenet flying with them with privillige card status (Sky Team), there's no chance of an upgrade without paying. You can ask at check-in if there are any BusinessFirst seats available for purchase.

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Darren, i might give them a call before i travel to see if i can arrange an upgrade, if the price is reasonable that is.
I am due to fly out to newark (new york) from glasgow int 19th november 2010. Just wondering if anyone knows what type of aircraft and any info on the planes and airline? Never flew with continental airlines before so it would be nice to have some first hand reviews :)
Thanks
tamara_d,

Please quote flight numbers when requestng aircraft information. GLA-EWR-GLA (CO16/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (ETOPS / winglets). You'll find plenty of information on this thread and on Continentals website.

Darren
Continental boarding passes go paperless at Heathrow

Continental Airlines claims to have become the first carrier to offer paperless boarding passes on nonstop flights to the US from Heathrow.

Passengers receive boarding passes electronically on their mobile phones or personal digital assistants (PDAs), eliminating the need for paper boarding passes.

Mobile boarding passes display a two-dimensional bar code along with passenger and flight information, which scanners at the security checkpoint and boarding gate validate.

The technology prevents manipulation or duplication of the boarding passes and heightens security, according to the airline.

In addition to boarding passes, Continental provides access to flight information through mobile devices. Passengers can view onboard amenities and standby lists, as well as track the status of their flights.

The carrier was the first to offer paperless boarding passes in the US in a pilot programme with the Transportation Security Administration in December 2007.

It now offers mobile boarding passes at 42 airports, including its hubs in New York, Houston and Cleveland. The service was introduced at Frankfurt Airport late last year.

"We are pleased to add Heathrow to the growing list of airports we serve with mobile boarding passes," said Martin Hand, vice president of reservations and ecommerce.

"Customers have told us this is the type of product improvement they want, and we will continue to expand the self-service technology to more of our domestic and international destinations."

Continental runs five flights a day from Heathrow Terminal 4 - three to its New York hub at Newark Liberty International Airport, and two to Houston.

A fourth daily service is being added to the Heathrow-New York route in March and a fifth in October, bringing the total number of daily departures to seven.

With permission from Travelmole
Continental will axe the Bristol New York flight - a bit of a surprise! Last flights shallbe during November 2010.

Nivsy
I am flying to Tampa from Manchester on 28th.October. Flight numbers CO 21 to Newark and CO 1618 Newark to Tampa. I have flown this route with these flights numbers several times. For the last few times we have flown into terminal C and flown out of terminal C.
The flight itinery this time shows us flying into terminal B. Has my tavel company got it wrong or have Continental changed terminals for translantic flights? Any thoughts or advice please? Thanks for all your past help.
Chrissfhl
chrissfhl,

Continental Airlines still use Terminal C for inbound flights, but departures are from both Terminal C and Terminal B, subject to destination.

Darren
We fly from Man - Vegas via Newark on Saturday and the ticket says_ into Terminal B and out of C, the airport map says both are for international arrivals.
chrissfhl
Sorry to be a nuisance, but it's because I'm thick! ( just as bad as being an idiot ,as in my post to you, Darren on United airlines!).
My flight itinery definately says my flight from Manchester - Newark (28/10/10 CO 21 ) will arrive at terminal B. Your reply tells me that it will arrive at terminal C . So is my itinery wrong. (I hope it is.) My itinery tells me I fly out from Newark - Tampa (flight
CO 1618 ) departing from terminal C . I hope this is also correct. Is it ? Thanks in anticipation. I'm sorry about being thick!
chrissfhl
chrissfhl,

I'm sure the information given on your flight itinery is correct, there's no need to question it.

Darren
Our itinerary was WRONG!
We flew into terminal C at Newark and then had a bit of confusion when we saw signs for the airtrain to terminal B, a continental employee told us that we were in fact already in TC.
We were able to just go up the escalator and through security instead of changing terminals, so we managed to get an earlier flight.
Thank you for that information. I have booked many times with Continental. Only the first time did we fly into Terminal B and change to Terminal C. Every subsequent time we've flown in to Terminal C and out of Terminal C. This time we've not booked with Continental direct but through a tour operator. Maybe that's why our itinery could be wrong. I would be grateful for any other thoughts on the matter from anyone.. Forewarned is forearmed! Chrissfhl
After your reply I did some checking on Continental's website myself. Although they can only give you the last few flights my flight (CO 21 ) from Manchester to Newark has arrived at Terminal C (not B) for the last 2 days. This is what I have experienced for the last several flights with Continental and is much easier and quicker than changing terminals. I hope this stays this way!! If anyone has a similar or even opposite experience I would like to heat it. I still think that this is a great , informative and helpful site . Thanks to everyone. Chrissfhl.
I have done some further checking and it now seems that our flight (co21 ) is regularly arriving at terminal B ,leaving us to transfer to terminal C where our second flight (co1618 ) is departing from. Slightly inconvenient but not disasterously so.! As long as co21 isn't too late arriving we should be OK. chrissfhl
Chrissfhl.
We have just returned from holiday. We flew in to Newark from Manchester (CO21) and into Terminal B. We flew out from Terminal C.They changed the gate and we had to dash from one end of the terminal to the other . We should have checked! We checked in on line. When you do this with Continental you get a boarding pass which clearly states " This is NOT a boarding Pass". You still have to check in at the gate to get a boarding pass, though it is slightly quicker. Continental did not have a supply of the green immigration forms on the aircraft. (You are supposed not to need them now with the ESTA system.) We were a day ahead of the suspect bomb at Newark and the ESTA system was down! Everyone had to fill in the green card in the immigration hall as the there was none on the aircraft. What chaos! We had booked at check in extra legroom seats for the Newark - Tampa flight. At $29 each it was a bargain.Apart from all this ,not a bad flight.
We are flying with Continental from Birmingham, flying out on Tues May 24th to Newark but we have upgraded to extra leg room seats and know where we are sitting on the plane. FLight is CO27, departing at 9am.

We are having a layover in NYC for 5 nights, before then heading to Orlando.

I understand we can do online check in, does this still mean we have to be at check in 3 hours before the departure time, or are we able to check in later if we have already done OLCI?

Also, we will then be departing from Newark on Sunday May 29th on flight CO692, I believe that we then dont have to clear immigration on arrival in Orlando as we will have done it in Newark,and as its an internal flight, what is the check in times? I have searched everywhere and been given conflicting info. The agent thought it was 2 hours . . .someone else said 90 mins . . . but I need to book the car service to the airport.

TIA Karen
Karen_uk,

Your flights from BHX are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find a seat plan on Continentals website. Extra legroom seats are by the exits and bulkheads. Once you've checked-in online, you don't have to be at the airport quite as early although it's still recommeded to be there 3 hours before departure for long haul flight. 2 hours would be fine though. Check-in time for your other flight is the same as any other, 2 hours.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.