Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
You can catch the ferry over to Fuerteventura from Playa Blanca but I don't know how much it is.

There are a couple places in town that you can book excursions with but we never went on any so can't really comment.

From memory I think the courtsey bus went about 10.30am, 12.30pm 2.30pm and 4.00pm , I don't think went any later but a taxi was only about 3 euros and really easy to get.

The marina was about 15 mins walk plenty of bars there, and then another 25 or 30 mins in to town.

There was a block of shops just below the hotel but I'm not sure if there was a bar.

We were there in Nov and one of the pools was heated
Hi

We are going to this hotel on 17th May for 2 weeks.

Does anyone now if any of the pools will be heated at this time of year?

I've also heard that it is nearly always windy here, is this correct?

Regards Kenco :D
Hi Kenco

we are going there middle of April. One of the pools I have heard is heated but maybe that is only in winter. At least I have read lots of reviews complaining about the cold pools. I think Lanzarote generally is rather windy but in the reviews I have read that it is mainly Costa Teguise that is windy.

Let me know how you liked the hotel after your trip. Have fun 8)
I got back from the Papagayo Arena yesterday. Lovely hotel, wind not bad except last day, teguise was definately more windy. the buses go four times a day dont know exact times as we hired a car with orcar - £78 for the week for a seat ibiza. The one thing i would definately recommend is a visit to La Graciosa, we took the jeep safari with Ziggy it was 40 euros and he took us round the island stopping at the most amazing beach and also to look at the views.
Thanks Gems

That's put my mind at rest a bit.

With a 1 yr old and 3 yr old I was hoping the wind wouldn't be too bad, as they are in & out of the pool every 2 minutes.
Hi Gems,

thanks for the info. Am really looking forward to going there now. Do you know if any of the pools were heated?
Hi Gems

I'd be grateful if you'd post a review HERE when you have time.

Pippy :D
Anybody got any advice on which block & floor level may be best at this hotel?

I have heard that one side can be a bit noisy, something about cockerals! kept at a nearby neighbour!
I don't think the cockerels are there any more they certainly weren't in November when we were there, from memory as I seem to have mislaid the map I brought back blocks A,B,C, have great direct sea views as has E which is the round bit at the end where we stayed and a couple have views over the pool but can't remember what they are.
Hi - Anyone know if there's a kids club here? My two loved the Thomson Kids club on our last holiday so its something i'm going to try and ensure that theres one on our next holiday

Cheers
Amanda
Hi, can anyone provide a web address for this hotel? The above link isn't working :(

thanks
Can anyone please give the email address of the papagayo arena resort/hote lLanzarote as we are going there on 21/02/08 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and i would like to surprise the wife with a few gifts,ect.THANKS.
  • Edited by kezman 2008-01-20 08:58:11
HI Kezman and welcome to Holidaytruths!

Could you please advise whereabouts in the world this resort is located so we can assist you better?

Mark :)
Thanks Pippy - will move this enquiry to the Lanzarote forum.

Mark :)
Cheers Mark :cheers Ready and waiting with a reply!

Hi Kezman

You'll find reviews for your hotel HERE, discussion HERE and you can email the hotel via THIS page ;)

Pippy :)
Hi, I have read that this hotel is non-smoking but with designated smoking areas. Can anyone tell me does that mean the rooms, bar pool, ect are all non-smoking?

Thanks

Sally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.