Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
No Phippsy your not going mad lol.

We will be merging the two hotels as soon as possible.

Please bear with us.

Kath HT Admin
See my reply in the Caleta Dorada Bungalows post Phippsy.

Thanks

Kath HT Admin
anyone who has already been - can you hire hairdryers and irons while your there? thanks
we are going 28th june ai for 2 weeks i have just been reading reviews on trip advisor from last week. The people more than one i may add have had a really bad holiday. Broke down bungalows bad food bad reps you break ins. Has anyone just come back whats it like help i really now dont want to go!! any info greatly apprecitated.
if the security hasnt been sorted yet they mustnt be that bothered as we went in september and there were many break ins so seems security hasnt changed much we would go back again but this is the only off putting thing!
am also starting to get slightly concerned by the bad reviews and security problems. surely if the security is that bad the hotel / first choice should be addressing this by now?
hopefully the bad reviews are just a blip because of the security issues, am hopeing some good reviews to start coming soon as many people going in next few weeks.
anyone out there give me a pick me up please...... :lol:
sandy - not sure what reviews your reading but ive been on couple of different sites and agree that a couple had a not so good time a long time ago but recently i have not read a bad review. also my read anything that you have mentioned. security being biggest problem - but as someone said if it was that bad surely first choice would have too many insurance claims not to do anything about it.
also a holiday is what you make it if you go with the impression your gonna have a crap time chances are you probably will. im going on wed and really excited and me and ds cant wait.
i am sure when you get there it will be great. will give you a detailed review in 2 weeks.
posted on another topic about concerns i was having to, however just read another site and out of 32 reviews for amarillo/ dorada hotel only 2 bad out of them, and both through theft.
most got 9 or 10 out of 10.
oh happy days, bring on the 2nd august..... :D
hi, i have emailed first choice to find out if bunkbeds are in the rooms not a pullout bed as one review said. i wont be happy if they are not bunk beds as thats one of the reasons we booked.
i will let you know when they email me back. :?
Don't worry...we had a fab holiday. Our children say it's the best they ever had and if they are happy...we are happy.

There will always be people who don't like a destination. You pay your money and you take your chance. Go with an open mind. Your holiday is what you make it.

Have a lovely time.

Smurf
Just spoken to first choice and they state, they are definatly bunk beds in the kids dens and that the play station2's are deposit of 130 euros, and they are adresssing the problem of brakins with extra security which is being organised in resort.

Phippsy :?
Just spoken to first choice and they state, they are definatly bunk beds in the kids dens and that the play station2's are deposit of 130 euros, and they are adresssing the problem of brakins with extra security which is being organised in resort.

Hello all again,

Just got off the phone to first choice....and since this morning there is no bunk beds---no bunk beds, and the play station is definatly 130 euros to hire (deposit for the duration of the holiday) . but first choice are having problems with this property as things in the brochure are not there and they are apparently rectifing this, but it is a case of liking it or lumping it!! (they know they have messed up as they offered me a full refund!!!)

Phippsy :x
Hello all again,

Just got off the phone to first choice....and since this morning there is no bunk beds---no bunk beds, and the play station is definatly 130 euros to hire (deposit for the duration of the holiday) . but first choice are having problems with this property as things in the brochure are not there and they are apparently rectifing this, but it is a case of liking it or lumping it!! (they know they have messed up as they offered me a full refund!!!)

Phippsy :cry:
P.s no update on the security issue but they do know about it and at the moment there is nothing they can do, as it is the hotels problem no theirs
i cant believe they have not got bunk beds :x my boys are so upset. i am going to wait for my email back then see if we can change our holiday free of charge to somewhere else. its not fair for all those poeple that have kids and paid extra to stay in a kids den with bunkbeds not a pull out bed. :cry:
I agree, we are looking now to see what else is out there, but if you have a family of 4 then, you are bit restricted as a lot of the propertys are twin (3), but hope you have some luck

I'm a bit confused now.....we only had a 1 bedroom and the 3rd bed was a pull out....but some friends we made there had a 2 bedroom with the kids den and they definitely had bunk beds.

I just asked my 3 year old too (in case I was going mad) and he said that X slept under X....X had the tall bed. So I'm not going doolally!
hi,
firstchoice have emailed me back. they have sent a email to the resort office to check which beds the kids den have. they will email me back.
i will let everyone know when they email me back.
tracey.
This will be interesting to see what the outcome of all this will be.As far as the playstations are concerned it doesnt state in the broucher that playstations are payable like the saftey deposit boxes do.So by reading this people are under the impression this comes with the package.
In the summer 06 first eddition it states that kids dens are supplied with bunkbeds.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.