Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Evening All,

Looks like f/c are telling pokeys at the moment to everyone, i have been told by customer services that everything is sorted and there is bunk beds in the majority of the kids dens, and i have been guarenteed that i will have one but unitl i receive the email from f/c next week then i am a bit scepticle to say the least. Yorkshire family do you know how many brekins there were roughly!!! as first choice told me nad i think some othere people that the braskins were a once off due to a party of people who has 4 rooms were stupd enough to leave their windows and doors open all day and they caught the bloke who was doing it!!!

If you can place a full review please yorkshire family to tell us what the rest of your hols were like!!!

Yours

Phippsy :cry:
Mad thats fine. it is a bit worrying you have to admit!!!! all we want is sun fun and a break. a few robberys is ok but the bit about the keys, you dont stand a chance. im really put off now
dreamer
phippsy thats what f/c told me that a biggish party went out in the day and left windows open!
dreamer
we like the simple things in life and don't ask for alot. My kids are aged 12, 10 and 3. They ate chips and sausage for 2 weeks. I can't express how appauled I am that Fc can sell this holiday. We paid short of 3K for this holiday, and spent an extra 500 pounds on eating out the second weekbecause the food is soooo bad. Dont get me wrong my kids swam all day but in the last 5 days there was an outbrake of conjunctivitus (sorry if the spellings wrong) we headed to the beach after that which is 9 euros for two beds. We had to buy our own sun brolly because there wasn't any. We were told by the reps they were on order, my kids had spf 50 on and still burnt, this should give you an indication of how hot it was.
Dreamer i think first choice are telling some porkys along the line, or either resort are not telling them all the information!!!

Phippsy :roll:
all we want is sun and fun, not bothered if not the ritz, but would really like to be safe. wont do anything yet as cant get an ai holiday anywhere near the price we paid for this one, but many more bad reports and will be contacting first choice.
if security is sorted then i really wont have a problem with basic rooms etc as hardly ever in them. reviews on food is not that bad, and can always eat out if it is.
please first choice pull your fingers out with this one.
we stayed in section C and you can actually see the screw driver marks on the windows - they have a security guard who sleeps in reception at night who is no use nor ornimant. Another familys kids we met there were so frightened to go to bed becuase they saw two men peering through their bedroom window. I was worried all the time some one was going to take my kids......
at the end of the day there were people there who thought it was great but 8 out of 10 didn't and yes you have to have an open mind. By the way the kids dens........ are exactly the same as a two bed apartment.... how do I know? because the family we met paid extra for one and the room was the same as ours. The safe is 35 euros, you get 5e back when you return your key. If you look in the brochure or online at the room, its situated in the wardrobe with mirrors. However we couldn't use this wardrobe becuase it was full of ants and smelled like sweaty sox. My hubby says he was happy with the safe fitted.
hi again.
questions if you dont mind yorkshire......

1. is the food really bad or just same things day in day out ? did you try the oriental / italian restaurents?
2. were the reps helpfull on the security front or just denied it was happenning?
3. if it was not for the breakins would the hotel have been ok in general? i.e rooms ok, clean, drinks ok?
4. what was the problem with the pools last few days and did the hotel / reps do anything about this?
many thanks in advance.
You have to book 24 hrs in advance to eat the the chinese and med restaurant. We tried the chinese and didn't like it... there must have been seating for about 120, there was 13 people there. We also booked the med the second week and this is waitress service. We went with another family we met so there was 10 of us. The menu was soup, pizza, lasgane and salad. In an hour and 20 minutes we got half a coke, pizza on the thinest base imaginable and they forgot 2 orders. We left and went to the pool bar. Their menu consists of cheese and ham toasties, cheese or ham toasties, fried hot dogs, fried chips (smaller that the mac d kind) and fried burgers. The international restaurant is self service. The tables have 4 chairs so if like us your a fam of 5 you have to nik a chair or put 2 tables together. The cups, plates etc are wet through and you have to use serviettes to wipe them. There was plates everywhere because people just left them on the tables......

you'll have to excuse me, the internet keeps loggin me off so I'll write a bit a time
to be fair the hotel we stayed in in bulgaria last time we went away was a bit like that, but the food was ok to eat and the kids loved it.
i read a few reviews on holiday watchdog and they all say how good the hotel is, food, ok, pool / rooms clean etc.
has the hotel got worse over the last month or so or is the security making people down on there holiday?
i am sure if i was worried about security all the time i would let it affect my holiday, maybe this is whats happening or is the hotel just in decline?
if the security was ok yorkshire do you think you would have enjoyed the holiday more?
if the security fears continue / grow i fear me trying to change my holiday to, but will wait and hope.
look forward to more info from you yorkshire, and anyone else, good or bad.

many thanks
The breakfast were good, all the usual stuff, bacon eggs sausage cereal, didn't a have a problem at all with this although the toaster is a conveyer belt which is highly dangerous. At 10.15 they flick a switch and everything goes off including the fans. The one and only fly zapper is situated directly above the hot buffet and if your lucky enough to be below it you can catch the flies, although the flies are high intellegant and know where the food is. We found that you had to go for tea at 6 on the dot or else it was a race between you and the flies. The drinks machine wasn't clean and the coffee machine smelt like a cup does when you leave it to go mouldy. There was a buffet everyday near the poolside bar, if you like salad and flies, fish fingers, stew and flies, mushy cauliflower rice and flies you'll love it.......
Madasafishy,

I think i read on one of the reviews that someone said, everything was fine a few weeks ago, but i think maybe in the summer months when it gets busier then the hotel won't be able to cope, and i think f/c need to address this matter i will probably be phoneing and emailing on monday,
as i think they and the hotel have bitten off more than they can chew!!!!

phippsy :oops:
yorkshire - did your kids use the kids clubs? we have a 3 and 4 y.o and they are looking forward to the clubs. mcdonalds night etc.
also, with regard the pools, other reviews praise them for cleanliness, whats your view?

phippsy. - any info you get from first chice would be great. we normally go away september but eldest starts school then so got to go shutdown weeks. i really want to go to this resort as have wanted to for years, and still want to go to this hotel as sounds ok from previous reviews, got excellant ratings for kids clubs and nicely situated in resort. the biggest and only fear for me really is security and cleanliness. please please please first choice sort it out.

thanks again for all your input.
think if i go im sleeping by the door with a kitchen knife not my stuff im worried about i can replace that but my kids
I phoned F/c on the 4th day to complain and they told me to see the rep. The 1st rep I saw was very patronising. The second only filled a report out because I told her thats what f/c customer service had told me to do. One of my complaints was :

Guest feels their is a lack of security around the complex and feels unsafe.

The reply on her side was,

Rep to speak to manager about security.

The broken fencing was still broke when we left and I ended up putting towels up to the windows as you can clearly see in the apartments when the lights are on. The reps are miserable and don't speak to you when they pass you
wavelenght club for the older kids........

bowling and Macdonalds........ 5.30 - 9.30 .......15e each.

Pizza and a movie...... 5-9pm...... 8 e each

cabaret nigh.....7-12 midnight...... 19.50e each

mini golf and beach games..... 3.30-7pm..... 5e each

Oh the chocolate party.... 11-1pm 3e each which consists of the kids laying in the sun whilst the reps put chocolate on their faces and let it melt

Get the picture !
seems to me one of the earlier reviews was spot on then.
said the hotel was great when not very busy, but when high season starts the hotel wont cope.
any other info you can give would be great yorkshire, things to do, places to avoid etc. thanks for you input.
just have to wait and see what first choice do about it.
does ne1 know of a website of the hotel????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.