Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
congratulations on youre choice ,we love it at the kocer best location for us ,close to everything.have you been there before?we are not going till august when its soooooooo hot ,but we like it like that :lol: please post a reply when youre home and let us know if pyhillis is still on reception so i can find her the latest fashions here to take her as a present, its comming round so quick can hardly wait, downer is nearly 300 pounds for dog boarding at kennels and 300 for out party to stay overnite in manchester with parking :lol: these holiday extras are getting quite expensive :x
We will be at the kocer club first 2 weeks of july and cant wait we have been there before and it is a well good choice,i know what you mean ladyjan about the kennels our dog is booked to go to his holiday home as well ,luckily we live near the airport so no probs there 8)
can only agree with the posts above,the kocer club for us again this august(3rd year on the trot).As well as its brill location,wel within easy staggering distance from most places),it also has a terrific sized pool with loads of loungers,the staff are ace and if you can forgive the bingo daily at 3pm,your bound to have a fantastic time....just leave sum efes for me !.
we go 19th for 2 weeks kilty .my mate needs to play the bingo if he wants some spending money ,,hes not saved a penny yet :lol: might be his only chance of getting fed every day :lol:
1st of august for us jan......wish your friend the best of luck at bingo....I kinda liked it.....gave me an excuse to go to the bar :D ...and dont panic......will leave u an efes...maybe :wink:
Does anybodt know if "Gary" is still working in the Aussie bar this year....

Would be greatfull for reply :lol:
gary was still there in september he was off with a football injury tryin to play footy in the pitches at the back. my friends are back home tomorrow im sure they would of went over to see him ,ill let you know 8)
who was the rep for the kocer this year any 1 know ?

*Edit please do not use phone text Briar
gary still in the aussie bar they were with him last night
anybody stayed at the kocer club in marmaris in turkey ?

i would like anyone who has stayed here since the 9th may 2005 or anytime in the past year to contact me.

we stayed there and had nothing but problems and ended up going home a week early at our own cost.
was just wondering if it was only us that found the rep and staff and the apartments very lacking in anything

please any comments would be nice
Hi mallyfarn.
we stayed at the kocer club last year we didn't think much of the apartments we were put into a attic room which we didn't ask for we complained to the rep and we got no joy also he made a jester behind my wifes back and the idiot not realising i was her husband he nearly :swear a brick when he found out i was her husband. we didn't get moved and stayed in the room for our 2 week stay .
The cleaner's were useless we did most of our own cleaning,and as you said we had problems with the staff.but we did have a good holiday as marmaris made up for the poor conditions we had to put up with.
i have read that many people enjoyed these apartments ,and thought it was just us so i am glad to hear it was just not my imagination .
sorry to see you came home early as we love turkey ,and the Turkish people,and will be returning there next year.

hellooooooooooooooooo from the northeast. :)
Hi mallyfarn,we stayed at the kocer club about five/six years ago,we had no prolems with our rooms or the cleaning....but i thought the bloke(the captain) and his son who owned the place to be very sleazy :yuck ,all they were interested in were any single females, they were like fly's round a piece of :swear , no interest in familys at all....hope this helps a little......Gavin 8)
Gavin - the old father is dead now - But the sons are still around..... and still as sleazy :roll:
we stayed here this year and last ,,cant fault the place . give the rep his due it is a big apartment block for just 1 rep ,,he had to deal with a passing while we were there ,,my hat goes off to him ,attic rooms are a bit small ,but this year our room was huge ,would return next year too but going diy for a change ,staff were the same ,,phyliss in reception is a gem ..pool staff the same too..pleased to see us back .our cleaner did her job properly,we never had any need to complain,got extra bed and pillows when asked for them ,,same familys return year after year ,sorry to hear you didnt like it ..what was so bad that you had to leave early/couldnt it have been resolved?
wow leighanne, i didn't know that and we have been to marmarise twice this year and been passed the kocer club a few times....i wonder what he died of ...the mind boggles......Gavin 8)
well to start off my wife is disabled and we asked for a ground floor room
put us on the 3rd floor
we had little babies with us and they put us right next to the disco across road
bare wires int he kitchen which 2 of us had shocks off

the balcony had a massive big hole in it big enough for 1 of the toddlers to fall through

also had stuff pinched from our room (stuff we had bought that day /presents)

and the rep well he didnt want to know anything all he was intrested in was trying to charge us for moving us to another room.
we even ended up paying well over 1000 pound just to fly our party home 1 week early as everyone had had enough (10 of us)

we did make complaints and filled out a complaint form while we were there, but since trying to get back some of our money back from thomas cook for a crap holiday pikey has told thomas cook that there was nothing wrong, even though we have camcorded and took photo's etc... of most of the problems.
while we were there we heard 5 other guests complaining about the dam loud music untill well after 2am
i cant comment on the apartments above ozzys because we always stay in main part,. as we do not get in till after 4am most nights i cant comment there either. those that think the captains dead remeber theres the young captain :lol: and hes very much alive :D was getting rissian lessons when we were there to able to communacte with his russian piece :lol: yes hes sleezy and old but hey most of them are :lol: even a friend of ours who we thought was respectable was after my daughters friend ,much to my suprise :x use youre video evidence to prove pikey wrong ,i can honestly say we have never had anything pinched from rooms and we even leave expensive jewlery about ..my daughter left 40 quid on table 2 weeks we were there and it never went ,sorry to hear you had a bad experience there .i hope you resolve it ,i know what you mean about top floor my husband disabled too but thats not the reps fault thats the tour op ,,we went to greece once and thomas cook had sent a paraplegic to a hotel up a mountain ,we thought we were bad done by but my husband soon solved that ,,we hired a jeep :lol: kocer prices put me off for next year :cry: or we would return
The rep was who gave my wife the rude jester behind her back.he was a waste of space he told us we could not be moved due to all the rooms being taken.
which was a out right lie ,at the end of our 2 week holiday the room below us was still empty .when we got back to the UK we did make a complaint ,and we were told they couldn't understand why he didn't move us due to them making the mistake. we were refunded the difference for being put into the attic room (which i think we should have been better compensated due to it being there mistake).as for the captain i found him a dirty old man :) and should show his guests respect and not try and get them into bed with him.
to be honest the bigger rooms looked much better than what we stayed in.

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo from the northeast.
is there a price difference in attic rooms? i payed full price for my friends to stay in one :x when were you there northeast, because the captain was preoccupied with his russian when we were there :lol: in august,i can honestly say we were treated with respect ,dont know if thats because we have stayed there before,ive stayed in the attics before but even that was larger than the one the friends stayed in ,,ive learnt now i ask for pool veiw(no pool veiw from ozzys) and lowers floors when i book, kocer is in a great location,it will be a shame if he dosent look after his guests,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.