Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi

i have friends who were booked to go to this hotel, in sharm (through airtours) in mid january. their holiday has been changed by their travel agent as they were told it wouldn't be ready to open in time. they've been moved to the three corners kiroseiz........
also just had a good price for this hotel so any info please
We are booked for end of July 2006 and not read any reviews, but now I've seen it is not even open yet until early next year, not surprising (supposed to be open November). Hopefully everything will be finished and operating normally by the time we get there. We got a great price too with My Travel for AI.
I am also going to the St George next October. Someone somewhere must have seen it when passing!!!!
I have heard that it is on the hilltop (was in a brochure but not in the one I booked through). It wasnt mentioned when I booked. We have 2 kids aged 2 & 8, and I can already imagine the tantrums at having to walk up the hill at the end of a hot sticky day!!!
Any info would be appreciated.
I have been checking the Three Corners website - but it still says "Open November 2005" - so no information at all. Also checked Sharm maps and the hotel hasn't been put on there as yet. Maybe we will have to wait until it is open. If it is at the top of a hill - and I can't remember reading about it - it should be stressed, especially travelling with a young family/and people with walking difficulties.
I have booked the above for July 2006. On checking their website the hotel has disappeared from the site (it was there previously, due to open November 2005). On reading earlier reviews I read that someone who had booked for January 2006 has now been moved to another hotel (I think another Three Corners Resort) as St Georges will not be ready in time. Does anyone have any info please, as I'm getting a little anxious.
:roll:hi we have booked to go to st georges next july. had a fantastic price but after reading your messages iam beginig to wounder if the great price is due to the fact the hotel may not be all its cracked up to be. if anyone goes this year please let me know as im begining to panic
Hi, I e-mailed the hotel chain direct about my concerns and this is their reply:

"Dear M. Dawn,

Have a nice day from the Three Corners Sales Office In Cairo. First I would like to thank you for you e-mail dated 16.11.2005 and your
interest in our property Saint George Three Corners Hotel.

Re your inquiry in your e-mail please note that the hotel is due to open
01.11.2005 and due to some delay of construction the hotel will be open

Please visit our website http://www.threecorners/gallery.com where you can find actual pictures of rooms already.

Hoping that the above is clarifying your inquiry & looking forward to
welcoming you at our property Saint George Three Corners Hotel.

Thanks & Best Regards

Magdy Banoub
Area Director
Sales & Marketing"

Hope this assists. It put my mind at rest.
Hi we also have had a good price for this hotel in feb. does anyone know the location or what facilities it is offering as this is our first time to egypt and are taking the little one we want to make sure we get a good hotel not to far out.

Diane.
Hi have just emailed the three corners st george hotel and got this reply the hote is open on the 7th Jan and there will be a kids club, it is 5km from naam bay but they didn't say if it was built on a hill or not. Hope this helps anyone.

Diane.
I have just had an email from Three Corners with their newsletter, and on it is the update for St Georges.....
Here it is!!!!!

Hope the link works, if not I'll copy & paste it next time

Edit to remove the link that isn't working Briar
Has anyone heard any more yet about when the St George opens. My link didnt work - sorry. Are current holidays still being sent elsewhere??
Attached is that bit of the Three Corners Newsletter that never attached last time :

8) 8) The past months The Three Corners Hotels & Resorts have been extremely busy.
One of the main project, the construction of the St. George Three Corners Resort in Sharm El Sheikh is about to be finished successfully and we intend to open the resort by the end of this year.
The St. George Three Corners Resort**** is situated on the Um el Sid hill, a plateau 5 km to the south west of Naama Bay. In a 4 -5 km radius of the hotel, on the plateau, a Dolphinella dolphin show, Alfa Leila Oriental show complex with bazaar, cafes, banks and spread out more shops, hotels, a go kart track and dive centres. Naama bay and the old City Centre are about 15 minutes drive away, the International Airport 12 km.
The resort has 252 well appointed rooms, 2 swimming pools (and 2 children's pools) and also a private beach (by shuttle bus). 8) 8) 8)

Here's Hoping!!!!!!!!!
we've just got back from sharm in the ras um sid area and iwe thought it was the best area in sharm plenty to do the area its not on a hill as it might sound.naama is only £3 in a taxi but if you go to ras um sid theres a place called fantasia thats all lit up at night plenty to do there and on the road at the side theres an eaterie called the columbus which serves steak and pepper sauce to die for also very cheap it cost about £4.90.sharm is a fantastic place we wish we were back there. so the st george is in a really good area
Hi just looking to book my family hols here and was wondering if anyone has any photos that they could post so i could get an idea on if this hotel would suit my brother whos disabled.

Also I understand that this hotel/complex is 10 mins from the airport, are there any problems with noise?

Otherwise its a toss up between this one and Dreams
I have just seen this hotel on Med hotels web site for £129 a week!.With flights from around £89 this must be the bargain of the year!.I just wish someone would post a review.
Hi Jay
Is this hotel open yet? I'm getting confused as there are so many 'three corners', presumably it is open otherwise Med hotels wouldn't have it on their site. What a bargain! I'm looking for something in April.
Hi
I have booked today a week at Kiroseiz 3 corners with med hotels.
commencing the 8 January

I looked at St Georges but I undersatand the opening has been put back to the 7 Jan - three corners own web site.

And med hotels I think has taken it off for the 8th.

Thompson is still selling it for mid Jan.
I called into a Thomson Travel Agent today and asked for a price on the St George and was quoted £660 for 2 weeks!(each).When the agent tried to get pictures and info on her system she couldnt as no info was available.The price was for Feb23rd from Newcastle.With Med Hotels having it for £129 a week I have to find a flight for less than £400 as thats what Thomson are charging on top of the price for the hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.