Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Marriot hotel
15 Posts
Hi Just found The Marriot Hotel, has anyone been there
Hi Kft,

We stayed at the marriot two years ago for xmas & new year as expected the marriot is of a high standard and kept very clean.

My only problems with the marriot was the location mainly me being a beach person as the marriot is in a central location and whilst being on a beach, the beach is not the best as reguarding sun bathing and definatly no swimming as it joins the estuary and looks a bit dirty. :cry:

the rooms are nice and fairly big and clean as you would expect you will pay five star prices and if you step outside the hotel and get onto the main drag there are some decent restaurants espiecally 'edu's' it doesant look much from outside with plastic chairs & tables etc but the food is really nice and very cheap. :lol:

If i was to go back i would head for candolim or calungute basically because of the beaches. :roll:

It was nice to see the dolphins at breakfast time as they was there nearly every morning.

Anything you want to know dont hesitate to get in touch. :wink:
KFT,

There are some Marriot reviews HERE

MrsMac
Hi kft, The Marriot is a great hotel, but its in the wrong place,
ok if you want to explore Panjim every day, the main
beaches are about 25min. away by taxi. PL
Thanks for the info I,ll think we will give this one a miss, any other suggestions?
Hi kft, If you want 5*, the Fort Aguada beach resort and Taj Holiday Village in north Goa are good most other 5* Hotels are in south Goa, if you want a bit more life go north :glynis PL
We are staying at the Marriot in Feb ; anyone stayed there recently ?
Hope it's going to live up to our expectations !
Hi Nicola
We have reviews of the hotel here
Certainly sounds great!
Fantastic hotel with top class rooms, apart from the Taj hotels best rooms I've seen in Goa. Pool area very nice but beach not great because it is on river rather than sea, but you still get a nice breeze round the pool area. Lovely cake shop just of the lobby area. Lounge in lobby all open with nice views. Choice of restuarants but not much to do in the evenings apart from nightclub which all seemed to be young people. Hope this helps.

joan123
we are going to the marriot hotel on the 28 of jan we have heard its very nice lets hope so :D
Kazand mick,

You wont be disappointed with the marriot its just the location really, but taxis or tuc tucs are very cheap into panjim and about 25 minutes to candolim & calungute and please take a stroll on the main street and recommend you try Edus cafe/restaurant as said before it looks nothing but the food is all freshly cooked and very nice and three times as cheap as the marriot. :lol:
The Marriott is absolutely fab. We are going again in March and it will be our third time. The hotel is everything you expect it to you, nice, clean, tidy, waiters are fab and will do anything for you, the cake shop is to die for, the gym is equipped to a standard (3 running machines, 2 bikes), they have a squash court (chargeable), disco (the youngests tend to use this), fantastic barbecues, evening entertainment is limited although when on is very enjoyable, beauty treatments are about a third of the price over here and again, very good. Edos (?) is excellent although toilets are horrific - can highly recommend tandori chicken or pizzas with coleslaw. Do not have a sandwich though - they will make you one on request although the bread is dodgy!

Also note you can upgrade your rooms to an executive level. This costs $20 a night for a garden view or $30 a night for a sea view. I would highly this as it has some great advantages. If you want further information let me know.

I would highly recommend this hotel, mind you I am not that keen on the beach so is ideal for me and my husband.
Good to hear that ; we are staying executive level , sea view for our hol in Feb !
There are two types of executive levels. One you book through your travel company when you upgrade your seats and the one the hotel offers you. You need to make sure which one you have as the executive levels I am referring to you can only get via the hotel directly and this caused confusion last year with some of our friends as we all had different levels. If you would like further information, let me know.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.