Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Thanks Sue :tup Would you add your review By Clicking Here if you haven't yet done so.

would have preferred to wake up naturally instead of by the pile driver.

So thats what you call a hangover these days is it Sue? :rofl

Glad to hear you've had a good hol!

Best Regards - Taggy :)
I know we stayed there two years ago, but the family has a very small addition this time so we decided to move away from the building work.

We'll just have to go back in a couple of years when they've finished. Like aways with Benidorm, there are so many good hotels it's easy enough to move around (will miss the pool though)
well we got bak from benidorm last wk and i can say it was lot betta than expected!! we both werent too keen on the rep who got off the bus ten mins b4 we got to pelicanos and waved at us as he walked away!! but got to pelicanos and the guys in front o us couldnt be found on the list (thats what the reps meant to help with isnt it?!) but we got in ok!! i had asked for a pool view in pelicanos as had heard the buildin wrk was on the main rd! so was happy to find we were on the pool side, 14th floor but hey still got what we wanted!! :)
building wrk wasnt bad,only heard it a few times, but not as if it goes all day and if your sitting by the pool you couldnt really hear it as the music was on!! still all the hassle with the towels tho, ppl leaving towels on bed and goin away for the day, so 1 o the days i moved one that was lying there for ages so ma bf and myself could have a sunbed each! didnt see the towel lady evy1 had reffered to! :o
food was gr8!! esp the pizza's!! only went to breakfast once as wasn't too keen on it but lots o nice places nearby to go for breakfast!! went to dinner lots and even tried new foods on the theme nyts (asian, mexican and mediterranian ), only thing i'd say about dinner is your told its open til 930, but they start clearning away the food (starting with the desserts) at 9 or just b4! but if go down early (bout 6-630) its not busy and get a seat no problem. 8)
place is spotless and the maids were very kind, was bit wary about going coz of everything i'd heard but i would def go bak!!! xx :D
Thanks for the update Samantha. But could I ask please that you avoid use of phone text style abbreviations when posting, as it makes things difficult for visually impaired members who may have to rely on screen readers.

Many thanks
David :wave
I stopped at the Nereo just along from the Pelicanos arrived back yesterday i was expecting lots of noise. I can honestly say it is not too bad, it is not continious, you get use to it. you hear about 20 continious loud bangs and then it stops for a while. It did not ruin our holiday so i would not worry about it.
Been looking for a late deal in August and have got a quote for here for 1 week 2 adults 2 children for £1310.00. My mam has stayed here a few times and loved it but it was a few years back. A few questions please that I hope some one can answer.
Whats the building work like at the moment?
Is this hotel a good choice for children agend 12 and 9.
Is this a decent price for this hotel.
Thanks
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how much it is for the children to attend the clubs.I have booked for next year with Thomsons and there is no mention of there being a supplementary cost for the kids to use these clubs.I was under the impression that the clubs were free but have just read a few reviews that say that you have to pay to use them.I have 2 kids who are aged 6 + 11.Many thanks in advance of any replies.
I've just booked 5 days here in Jan 08. How do they decide which part pf hotel you go in.

What's best??
If theres only 2 of you most likley the Ocas for couples... My mums freind have been 3 times as a couple and have always got allocted in the Ocas.
There having a change and styaying at Hotel Orange next year.
Thanks, yes it's just the two of us.
It doesn't matter whether you are a couple, a stag group or a family with 3 kids....the Hotel Pelicanos/Ocas is run as ONE hotel with ONE manager and if your booking says Pelicanos/Ocas, then it is dependant on the rooms vacant at the time you arrive.

In the past, the staff did have a tendency to place families with young children in the Pelicanos, as this is where the hub of activities take place and mature couples who wanted a quieter life away from screaming kids, always seemed to be allocated the Ocas.
Now that is not so.....and everytime I have booked the hotels (as a couple) I have been allocated the Pelicanos, with the exception of one time when we should have been in the Ocas, but they decided to do some major work regarding the air conditioning and we were then at the last minute moved into the Pelicanos.

You book it as Pelicanos/Ocas, then it is out of your control as you have taken the contract for either hotels and I personally cannot see what the fuss is...they are virtually the same hotel in decor, except one is smaller than the other and the staff alternate between the two, both have plus's and minus's and I personally think the restuarant in the Ocas is far more civilised than the Pelicanos with exactly the same food as the Pelicanos, but just rotated on a different weekly basis. :wink:
If there was only one gripe, it would be the view from the Ocas balconies facing the indoor market, but someone has to have them and you can always nag the reception to move you and let some other sod have the view for a few days ...until they nag the reception...and so it goes on. :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
I agree with Sanji except for one thing. If you are a family of 4 all sharing the same room, you are always allocated a room in the Pelicanos as the rooms in the Ocas do not accomodate 4. The rooms for 4 are bigger and they only have them in the Pelicanos. I was told this by reception last October previous to us staying there in May/June this year.

Sue :)
I've just booked this hotel for the 13th May 08 and can't wait, the count down now begins again. :lol:
Another long countdown Dave :lol:
Hi Hillbankdee,
Yes there is an initial charge of 15 euro's (So I was told as we didn't use it) but this covers the cost of a bag, drinks bottle and a few other bits and bobs eg pens, books etc.

Gotta agree with Sanji and Sue, there was a mixture of all types of parties in both hotels so I think it's just pot luck where you end up but I'm sure they do try and accomodate people who request different hotels.
We have been three times and always got the pelicanos, i did request it last time, but was not assured we would get it, we are a couple as well
Hi, We are thinking of booking this hotel for a holiday in October with our 10 yr old grandson. Is the building work likely to be completed by then, or is that wishful thinking? :) If not, am I right in thinking my best option would be to ask for a pool view in the pelicanos, to minimise the noise?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.