Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Thanks cazzmickntom. I will keep a note of that to take with us. Does every room number begin with the floor number?
I did exactly the same asked for a low floor and got a letter back saying my request had been noted, i was also given the 14th floor they would not change it the day we arrived but i did the same didnt unpack and got a room on the 3rd floor the next day.
I to have been thinking about sending an e-mail request and would be very intrested to here from anyone who had their request honoured. I (like dragonkhan) was wondering if this was consider ill mannered and was likely to result in the opposite being granted.
I e-mailed them last year and got what I asked for, don't know if it was just luck or if they had honoured it. Just e-mailed them again for this time, fingers crossed I get what i've asked for.
Hi, I'm going to Benidorm 23rd-28th Sept and am going to be meeting up with some friends who will be staying at the Pelicanos/Ocas.

I was wondering if the towel monitor Michelle is still there and if so what the policy is regarding non residents visiting residents and using the pool.
Would I be expected to pay? If so how much? Is there a way around it? :lol:

Any info please.

Sue :)
Hi Sue,

Me and the family are booked to stop here from the 13th May 08 and would be most greatful if your friends could let you know what the hotel is like and you can let me know.

Thanks
Hi Scarboromoggy, I stayed there myself in May/June so if you p.m. me with what you would like to know then I will try to help you.

I'll also take note of any changes when I visit my friends and update you.

Hi Sue,
I stayed at the pelicanos last year and returned 12/9/06.
That was Michelles last working day.
I stayed at the pelicanos last year and returned 12/9/06.
That was Michelles last working day.

Thanks Rolo, that's good news but is she been replaced or is that it until the 1st June.

When my mum and Sister-in-law visited this hotel out of season (can't remember the month) to have a nosey for me prior to me staying there, they were challenged by someone who asked for their room number.
Anyhow, hopefully there'll be nobody there. :lol:

Thanks Sue :)
We went last nov and no one was guarding the pool area, it was busy round the pool as it was a lovely two weeks, was annoying as towels and books were left on sunbeds that was in the sunshine later in the afternoon, we just moved them after seeing no one came back after 30 minutes, we also e-mailed for a room in the pelianos not the ocas as spend some time on balcony at night and did not want a view of the back of the market, as just a couple, got a reply back but they could not guarantee it, but we got what we asked for the second time in a row so was great
Was just wondering how the work is going on facing the hotel, have the power drivers finished yet, watched them working on it in nov last year, will be interesting to see how it's progressed this nov
Just returned on the 15th Sept after 2 weeks in benidorm, had intended to stay in the Sol Pel/Ocus however moved due to the building work (to the marina). Walked past a couple of times and although the building work was constant I didn't think that it was to bad.

I've already taken a look at going here next year with no worries about the noise. Has to be a better hotel than the Marina.
I like the pelicanos, the location as well, just this year we fancied a change, bet i will miss it when we go in nov,
Hi Rosie,
I have been to the FO and the Pelicanos and I must say I preffered the Pelicanos, simply beacause there are more sunbeds around the pool, best pool in Beni, IMO, it is more central for entertainment too. Only downside being the rush at breakfst at the Pelicanos.

Cazz.xx
Hi Managed to sneak in to the Pelicanos today, the weathers been lovely and guess what? Had my picture taken with some of the Benidorm cast. :lol:

Hi Sue,

Hope you're having a great time, don't forget my report when you get home.

:D
Several :offtop posts have had to be removed, to make things easier for those searching specifically for information about the Sol Ocas/Pelicanos.

To discuss the 'Benidorm' TV comedy programme, please use Chatroom instead.

Many thanks
David :wave
Hi, just returned from Pelicanos/Ocas. I emailed in advance particularly asking for the Pelicanos, and a lake pool view. I did not get a reply. When we arrived, we were allocated a building site view in the Ocas! Anyway, I asked for a pool view and was told we could have one if we waited an hour. We did and we got it on 6th floor. It was looking over the Ocas pool which is not so nice as the Pelicanos pool but nothing wrong with it. Also the sun ddn't hit our balcony until late afternoon which didn't bother us either so worth knowing if you like sun in the daytime. If we'd taken the street view room it would have had the sun all day and we actually didn't hear any noise or activity from the building site - it just looks like a flattened area ready to commence something but not sure what. We used the Pelicanos pool as it was more interesting, but the Ocas restaurant as it was quieter. It's very hot at breakfast so sit near an open window if you can, but better temperature at evening meal. The card says 6.30pm for dinner but it's actually open at 6pm so go early if you like a quiet time. We really enjoyed our stay,and would recommend it. Clean, comfortable, good location and good food. All you need!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.