Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
A little more information please.

Are you saying that the holiday did not happen or only the transfer?

Whilst you paid via PayPal was this by Credit Card or debit?

fwh
Hi just a thought but you could try claiming back your money through paypal, just go into your account and open a dispute.
Then escalate it.
it was just a transfer i paid through paypal with a debit card
I agree with Samsung - raise a dispute with PayPal.

fwh
ive been on my paypal accont but cant seem to find how to do a dispute
You probably can't dispute such a transaction with Paypal.

From their T&C's:

Buyer Complaint Policy

PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy covers:
An item that you paid for but never received
An eBay item that is significantly different than what was described in the listing
Guidelines:
You used PayPal to pay for your purchase
Your purchase is a tangible item (physical goods that are delivered to you) Services and intangible items are not covered
Your claim must be filed within 45 days of payment
The item you purchased was never received or is significantly different from the item that was described
We will make every effort to complete our investigation and secure reimbursement within 30 days from the filing date of the Buyer Complaint.

Learn More about PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy. Terms and conditions apply as detailed in the User Agreement.

Mark :D
it seems that all disputes have to be done within 45 days of payment so i dont stand a chance not sure wich way to go now might try the bank and see if i can claim pay back from them
Hi go into your paypal account,
click on the tab that says resolution centre,
click on the link,report a problem.
On the next page click report a problem again.
On the next page check item dispute.
Click on select transaction ID, it will open another window, select the transaction id by clicking on the number.
Click continue,check the box that is relevant to you and continue.
This will open a dispute.
Then go back to the home page and escalate the dispute.
You may not get anything but worth a try.
I'm not too sure whether my post has been overlooked, but Paypal will not entertain any disputes unless the dispute concerns an item that has a physical presence. They donot entertain disputes for services.

Mark :D
Hi Nuttynet

My understanding of paypal is the same as Marks. Unfortunately it does not cover non-tangible items, which unfortunately a holiday transfer service would be.

However I do remember a post someone put up a few months ago (might have been Mike C) which said that some, but not all, debit cards also could be claimed against in the same way as credit cards for non receipt of goods or services.

I know it's a small hope but it might be worth making a phone call to your bank just incase your is one of the rare few cards that do this.

Good Luck, Doe
it might be worth talking to ros for advise, im sure you must have some come back somewhere, they just cant take your money not turn up and expect you to forget about it. ive had a few dealings myself with paypal and they arent the easiest people to deal with and as someone has mentioned doesnt look like your covered anyway. not fully sure where med hotels came into this if they arent connected to this subus which ive never heard of, sorry to sound so thick, can you explain it
hi elli meg meditaranean holidays was the transfer company i booked my transfer with. they then sent me an e amil to say they had been taken over by subus and all my details had been forwarded to them. i then e mailed subus to make sure my transfer was still ok and they said it was but when we arrived at alacanti subus knew nothing about the take over so it seems as if there is a bit of a con going on
I would go to Subus and try again with them. Do you still have their email which states that the booking was transferred to them? There is your proof if you do, which goes against what they told you when you contacted them after the event.

I think it would be a good idea to contact Ros too as in these circumstances I can't see that they have much of a leg to stand on in having to give you a full refund.
i agree with SandC if you still have all these emails i would copy them and send them a recorded delivery letter explaining everything that has happened including these emails as proof and give them a time limit you are happy with ie 2 weeks etc to refund you, keep letter clear and to the point, if you dont get any joy this way then keep all evidence and contact ros, good luck and keep us informed
Just a thought . did your money come directly out of your paypal account or did you pay with a credit card via Palpal in which case you could have protection from the credit card company ???
Sorry i must have my "thick " head on today . just seen that has already been asked .

lyn
hiya i paid through my pay pal account the mney comes out of my debit card account ive been to the bank today and they gave me a no to ring for the disputes team.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.