Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Jayo

This is a post that Peter made in the Passport Info above,

This may help

have picked up a reliable report from another website that British Subject passport holders are being refused entry at Varna & Bourgas airports.

DON'T PANIC - most UK members of this forum are likely to be British Citizens. The holder status can be found on the passport photograph page.

See HERE under British Subjects.
As you can see, Generally, British subjects are people who were born before January 1 1949 and who had a connection with either British India or the Republic of Ireland (Southern Ireland).
There's nothing new in the requirement that such people require a visa to enter Bulgaria, but what is new is that it is being strictly enforced.
Hi Javo,

Bulgarian legislation requires at least 3 months validity after you leave Bulgaria, we recommend at least 6 months, as some tour operators are requiring this.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur as always you have the answers..... ;)
yes my little girl would of only had 5 moths left on her passport on our return at hte end of august this year. info from hte post office and travel agents has meant that i have had to renew her passport even though she is only 5 and travelling with both sets of parents. i have been told that you need at least 6 months left on from your date of return.
Info from Post Office and travel agents is NOT reliable.

The info from the Embassy is.

However some travel companies make up their own rules and say 6 months.

Patka
yes but the general rule is to have 6 months remaining from the date of return. its better to be safe than sorry isnt it. when we traveled to menorca 3 yrs a go a passenger was stopped from boarding at manchester because they didnt have 6 months remaing, and that was on hte flight out. my daughter new passport only took 10 days from posting to come back to me.
Woooo..... Phoned up the Bulgarian Embassy and club 18-30 who both confirmed 3 months is what u need. Cheers to everyone who helped...... Might see some of u in Bulgaria... June 18th to July 3rd......

Thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.