Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
we got back friday and had no trouble using new and old £20 notes. we used them in the hotel, at naama bay and old sharm.
we took the first new ones over in April and they were a bit suspicious but as the guy said..'I know where your room is!!'..no probs at all though with either!
I did have a new £20 note refused at Hurghada airport in March but they were still very new then . Never had problems with old £20 notes .

One thing I have noticed though is that people are very reluctant to take any UK notes which are damaged even slightly . This has happened on a few occasions . Quite ironic when you see the state of their own money !
We took money out from an autoteller in Gatwick at the beginning of the month and got all our money in £20 notes... now, whether they were new english notes or not I couldnt tell you, we are from Scotland, but we never had any problem changing them in the bank en El GOuna. Got a much better rate than this end.
only problem we had was the machine at the hotel which changed your money into egyptian pounds. it wouldn`t accept the new 20`s

sharon
I was given both types by a well known (to these pages) resident of Egypt, and used both to pay for goods and services while on holiday and exchanged them at the bank for LE...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.