Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi!

Excellent service so well done to london transport for organising this. Interestingly, have been speaking to a number of visually impaired friends who would love to travel abroad for a holiday but for obvious reasons this is impossible without sighted assistance. Clearly providing a system which operated internationally would be financially prohibitive but what a great innovation this could be! My wife is sighted so I have been fortunate enough to have travelled throughout Europe and Turkey, Just wish those disabled who cannot travel indipendently could experience the different cultures historical sites not to mention the weather!LOL!

Alistair
just to let you and anyone else that may be travelling to Tenerife, Tenerife care and nursing provide such a scheme for lone disabled travellers to the island
I used the london bus service and a lovely young man met me and my daughter at the hotel and took us all the way up to Oxford St-once he showed us how-as we had to change buses it did not seem quite so daunting-although I don't know if I would have the courage to make the journeys on my own.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.