Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hello Just a Tourist

I have eaten along the promenade in Carboneras where one restaurant is just about the same as the next.

However, if you want somewhere 'different' but excellent try Sopalmo roughly half way between Carboneras and Mojacar Playa. It is on a dangerous bend and there is plenty of parking near the restaurant.

By the way the menu is verbal and there is a good range of food. Two people will eat handsomely for about £18.00 (€25.00) including a bottle of good wine.

And the scenery is beautiful to and from Sopalmo.
Excellent value for money at Sopalmo and even cheaper than you state Leprosy.:wink:

A 5 course meal (bread,alioli (If you ask for it) salad,meat and cheese plate,soup,a choice of about 8 main courses and a choice of sweets.Included is a good bottle of Rioja (Red) between two and the cost is €10 per person. They usually do not charge extra for the odd soft drink and water is on offer with the meal too.

That in my view is unbeatable value for money and if you are very lucky, the mayor of Sopalmo as we affectionately call him, might offer you some of his wonderful Lemon Liquor that is made locally and if he doesnt offer, be cheeky and ask for some.

He might just charge you an extra couple of euros unless you are a regular,best wishes and enjoy your holiday,John.
Good on you John

You always have the "good word." You called it right - Sopalmo is an excellent spot and somewhat different from anything else in the area.
(You need a car to get to Sopalmo).

Even the customers are 'different' - I knew about the free 'extras' here (wine and water).

I know it is a little cheaper than I said and the reason for this is not to confuse anybody, but in the case of say a family arriving that the whole experience would cost less than expected.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.