Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
The fire started from lightening on Tuesday morning and were still burning on Wednesday. We could see them from our roof terrace in the early hours of Wednesday morning. The skies were full of smoke and it was very upsetting for the towns that were evacuated, Turre being one of them. The wind was very strong on those days and the fires headed towards Sorbas and Lucienena but eventually burnt out without anyone being hurt I understand. The fires did not affect Mojacar per se but ash and debris were blown all over Mojacar Pueblo and Playa and right up to Puerto Rey. All was well when we left this morning :)
My daughter is over at our place last week and this week and the fires in the area were much worse this time. 5000 people were evacuated from Mojacar Pueblo and the 'built' side of the playa. There was some damage to the Pubelo itself but there were no serious casulaties and all is calm and back to normal now. Arson is suspected apparently. I hope they find whoever started these fires and lock them up and leave them to rot!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.