Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Made to measure cotton shirts, I bought 10 this time from supertailors in Candolim
all with grandad collars, use them for work, they look smart and stylish and keep me cool.

GM06
Ian
beach bags, ive got a favourite, which is blue patterned. I love it :)
Also we bought a couple of beach towels for about half the price they are in the uk, and we use them a lot .

Does gin and flavoured vodka count as a must buy which you have used at home? :rofl
Im quite partial to the apple flavoured vodka, but havent had any since Goa a few months ago
Apple Vodka....does that count as one of your 5 a day :rofl
GFF xx
haha, i wish :rofl

If you look closely on the bottle, it is a bit stronger than the vodka thats available in the uk, i think its about 43percent. :yikes

That stuff always gives me heartburn.
yicker.
CHIC'S a great little shop isn't it, i love looking around there. we usually buy a couple of mugs to use on the holiday there, and some other stuff of course.
BOB :tup :tup
:tongue OOHHH Y/M apple vodka yum yum I brought 3 bottles home with me and I got it for 130 rupees a bottle i will never come home with out it again ...colleen :cheers
It's a round wooden pill-box type thing, about 45mm in diameter with a dozen spikes in the top and bottom. When you put the lid on the box the spikes are carefully designed to miss each other but anything placed in the box (drugs or garlic/ginger) gets nicely shredded by the spikes when you twist the top.

Hope that's clear!
:rofl
I've got one of them and I didn't even know- bought at an international market. I use it for garlic before anyone asks!
Must confess Fiona, I didn't know it was a drug shredder until I realised the wooden cap was carved with cannabis leaves! My son confirmed my fears!

Also, if you look at the stalls that sell them, they inevitably sell other smoking/drug paraphernalia.
Dont think my friend found her purchase useful..but its a bit of a warning.She had bought a long strip of assorted spices from the night market. Goodness knows how old they were but there was something that hatched in them on the way home and when she unpacked she had loads of little legged visitors in her suitcase :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.