Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
like the avator , Sharon :lol:

del
:D hiya shaz im glad you used the foto i sent you, of me as your avatar!!!
only one thing wrong now iv changed the colour of my hair!!!! :D
thanks shaz ,,, by heels i meant 2inch at the most ,,am pretty sensible if a bit fashion conscious ,,was starting to worry didnt want to dress like me mother :lol: ive just relised too i left 2 btls of avon woodland fresh for maids on last hols along with all sunlotions seemed a good idea then not so good now :cry:cant rely on avon getting me any before i leave ,,,,,,, lesson learned xxxx jan
Many people choose Goa because its quite an humbling experience.
I dare say that many people who go to Goa have at some point experienced Spains coastal areas 'who has'nt'. Both have sunny weather, but for me its back to basics. I crave people who are humbling and humane and not live there lives around materialism.
Sanji you're right about rural Spain and its rustic charm but Spain is a Western country like the UK that is gripped by consumerism and who's who in the money stakes. I've been there got all the t-shirts but it did'nt make me happy!!!
Sanji you have to experience Goa to fully understand why Holiday-Truthers on these threads get a buzz out of talking and sharing their experiences of Goa.
with all the talk on footwear.

All i wear flip flops during the day and a more dressy flip flops that i buy over there during the evening.

In this country i would not dare show my feet or wear open toe sandles. but over there it is different. and you wear what you feel comfortable in and no one takes any notice.
Please explain to me. How can anyone with a sane mind dis-like Goa ?
With Beaches like Coco beach, I dont think any sane person could not like this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Stewbacca/cdda3658.jpg
Best regards
Stewbacca :wink:
I agree with ladyJan I am a bit concerned about what sort of clothes to take. I ususally wear shorts and t shirts through the day but i do like to get a bit dressed up in the evening. Couldnt wear high heels though, bit too old, last time I tried I walked like lilo lil out of bread.

Sue
once you get there find a shop that sells shoes and buy some indian sandals there great and very trendy you just dont wear high heels in goa unless you want to sprain your ancle
sharon
i live in shorts and flip flops in day time and skirts /shorts and indian sandals at night,
less than 8 weeks to goa till we are there again
xxx
Last year was our first year and yes I had some shoes with heels - (I'm the sort who hikes up Everest in heels!) but did not put them on because of the roads. This year had some a couple of paris of nice dressy sandals with a slightly built up heels - so I was happy and no broken ankles and yes I like to dress up on hols so go ahead - do put on what you feel comfortable in....Horses for courses and all that.....
susanh,
I've always thought that LiloLil was the height of chic! :D
del
Well if thats the case Del I might give them a go, if you are in Goa from the 10th March for two weeks and you see an old bird tottering about in high heels its probably me !!

Sue
we come back on the 12th, so might just see you. just my luck to see "some old bird", accost her and get handbagged :lol:
del
Can you tell me if sandals in Goa are of good quality?I like the idea of getting them there but Oh Dear I have got bad feet and need shoes with deep comfy insoles.
They do some lovely shoes and sandals and being a collector of shoes have bought quite a few pairs, I have found them to be comfortable but have broken heels on 2 pairs, but i was warned that they wern't suitable for the 'roads' in goa but did'nt heed the warnings :tut :bawl :tut
Just be careful if you are a lady who takes a larger shoe size. There's not much choice if your feet are bigger than a size 7 :oops:

Sharon
Hi All - well that went quick!! First apologies to all Spain lovers I shouldn't generalise, after all I know some very nice people who go to Spain and yes there are some nice parts to it but personally, not my cup of tea.
Getting back to Gods own country! Lagoa Azul in Arpora was excellent we had an upgradation(yes, thats what he called it) to a suite, 500 rupees a night, well worth it. Food & service excellent and entertainment was on par with other resorts. Did the usual Candolim & Baga beaches plus our taxi driver (Anil) took us to the beaches north of Arpora - well worth the trip. If you are going to Lagoa Azul please ask for him. He is the safest driver we have ever had and very knowledgeable. Took a load of Cadburys chocolate plus 25Kg of good quality rice to the orphanage in Panjim run by the Sisters of The Poor, very emotional and still feeling very humble. If you go to Goa please call in with a donation, it doesn't have to be big as they are grateful for everything. The smiles on the little ones faces is just magical. Please leave your cameras at the hotel as this is real life and not a side show at a funfair. great to see the markets haven't changed and loads of bargains still to be had. Got a real good rolex copy for under a tenner - keeps perfect time!Watch out for the Ear cleaners - they are still very busy in Anjuna market and very persistent. Had to give one a slap to stop him interfeering with an elderly Asian gentleman on holiday with his family from Birmingham. Don't give to the guys with the elephants - the orphans get nothing also their receipt book has been altered to add an extra zero to all the donations ie 100 rupees becomes 1000.
Being a total snob, I did notice that some of the UK visitors are a bit on the rough side also a bit on the loud side and to the big fat scottish guy in the queue at check in to come home yesterday, if you are reading this, all your pushing in got you nowhere yesterday and you should stick to Butlins in Ayr in the future and take your foul mouthed wife with you!
If you are going soon - enjoy, Goa still has a lot to offer. However a lot of Goans I spoke to are unhappy about the amount of foreigners buying property out there as it is pricing property out of the market for them. If you are thinking of buying please rent for 6 months as it is a lot cheaper plus you are putting money into their economy and it will allow more Goans to own their own home.
[/img]
Hi olly 1, we are going back to Calangute in 12 days time, we have been a few times before and always take something for the kids that we think they might like.

I have been collecting teddy bears and small toys to take out there this time and would love to take them to the orphanage in Panjim but if you think there is something more worthwhile then please let me know. Many thanks. :)
Hi TaxiTaxi
They orphanage will be grateful whatever you bring but don't go to the bother of buying loads of pens & pencils as they are really cheap in Goa. Pads of writing paper are always welcome as the quality over there is a bit rough. I bought loads of those multi packs of mini cadburys chocolate plus matlesers. They love UK chocolate. If you ask the taxi driver he will take you to Panjim market and you can buy a 25kg bag of decent quality rice for under a fiver, this will feed the kids for a long time. Lots of people take clothes over but if you check with the travel company first they sometimes give you an upgrade on your baggage allowance if you tell them what it is for - give them as much notice as possible. Have a great time. Which hotel are you staying at?
PS If you are thinking of getting suits made steer clear of Ali Baba in Calangute. He arrived with my suits at 3.30 am and we were leaving at 5.30 am. Didn't get chance to check them till I got home - they have gone straight in the bin - absolute rubbish!! Suppose it was my own fault for not sticking with Supertailor in Candolim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.