Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Fantastic report Brenliz although it tired me out with all your trips and early starts :hot

Magical read, many thanks :tup
It tired me out as well when I read it! Can't believe we did so much.
was this your driver Brenliz....this is a fab report it makes me feel like I was right there with you ...if this is your driver thats the same fella we had ...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p170/joannekerr36/1-1.jpg
that was some trip! You saw and did so much. I know one day we will take another tour with Namaste as we only did the Golden triangle. Also we did not have long in Delhi- one clear day. Which was your favourite place( beside the Taj Mahal)?
We never once( that I remember) had to pay for our shoes- perhaps at the Lotus Temple if at all. And by the way we definitely had more than one drink at night :D
Brilliant report! You probably felt that you needed another holiday to get over that one. :D
Yes IC that's him. He was a lovely man, wants to take us to his home in Shimla next time.

Fiona, strangely enough we never felt tired, I think we were too much on a high all the time and it was so much easier having the car all the time. We loved Ranthambhore and seeing the tigers. We also enjoyed Bundi even though people questioned why we wanted to go there, the people were very friendly there. We loved Delhi for the shopping too, not to mention Agra and Jaipur. The sights were all amazing, it was difficult to choose. Chittorgarh was also an amazing place that we had never heard of but we were really glad Sanjay suggested going there.

The Lotus Temple was the only place we didn't pay for leaving our shoes. I think they have all caught on to the fact that it is a good money making thing to do. We are definately looking forward to Goa now though and enjoying all the food. It made us forget all the bad things about Goa and appreciate a bit more all the good things.
Brenliz did you get to meet the lady and the man in the photo with sanji they are the pepole who own N/T they were lovely they come to meet us on our last day and gave us a little car the same car Sanji drove us about it lol lol colleen
Yes we did meet the man, he came to our hotel on the first day to meet us as we hadn't paid for anything at that point. He did ring us quite a few times as well whist we were doing our trip to ensure everything was okay.
Jawahar was good - he did ring us several times during our trip to make sure things were alright and that we were happy with our guide. I thought that was a good touch.
I'm in awe of you though- when we did the tour we had Goa at the end of it to flake out :D
Thanks- I will be looking back at this trip when we get our next tour sorted( hopefully)
BrenLiz Wow!

Thank you for posting this, there is much in there that will help for our next trip to India.

10 out of 10 for stamina in writing this one! I enjoyed reading it - you had a busy schedule.

I have a question though - Do you now need a holiday to recharge your batteries?

Once again many thanks (I won't remark on the one beer a day!)

Peter
I can't believe it myself that we weren't tired, we didn't even really suffer from jetlag and went straight back to work the next day. When we go to Goa it takes us weeks to get over it, we are always tired. We have come to the conclusion we are too inactive in Goa and spend too much time on the beach sleeping the day away and our bodies get used to this. We always seem to do quite a lot in Goa but have decided that next time we will be more active in the few days before we come back home so that we get used to moving about again. We had the odd nap in the car on long journeys but other than that we didn't particularly have early nights. We did upgrade the hotels though and I think this was well worth doing as we had lovely comfortable rooms at the end of each day and a nice comfortable car to use in the daytime, there was nothing to stress about at all.
Hi Brenliz,
I've been reading your excellent review as we are thinking of going to India for the first time next April, probably 11 days sightseeing then 3 or 4 days in Goa. I think your warts & all approach is very helpful as not everywhere you go and everyone you meet is always perfect and your review certainly seems to paint a true picture of India. I'm so glad you saw the tigers as that's one of the main reasons for us to go, went to South Africa this year and saw everything.I'm afraid the absence of beer or one beer a night will not wash with me; how come some places didn't serve beer? Was it a city thing, a restaurant thing or a dry day thing?
Your review has certainly reinforced my desire to go, thanks,.
Jim
They were 'dry' states so alcohol could only be bought at specified government shops. Our driver always knew where to buy them for us though so we had drinks in our room but would have liked a drink with my meal as well or to lounge around with after dinner somewhere where you can chat to other people. I'm not really into drinking fizzy 'pop' and after a drinking gallons of water all day we had had enough of that by night time too. Hope you have a great time. We too went on safari in the Masai Mara in Kenya a few years ago, love to see the animals in their natural environment and can't believe how near you can get to them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.