Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
welcome (again !)

I don't know Qawra Palace or their diving school - however, I'll answer what I can, and I'm sure others will fill in the gaps

diving in Malta (and in particular Gozo) is very good, only thing missing are lots of colourful fish. Reputation of dive schools - I only know the ones in Gozo, and all I've heard is good.

transfer time to Qawra - by taxi about 15-30 minutes, depending on traffic

currency - Maltese Pound (also known as Liri) - you get about 0.60 of a Maltese Pound to a UK Pound

weather in May - this should help http://www.maltaweather.com/climate.shtml
Hello Val and Rob,

I think GozoMark has answeed most of your questions. As for Q 5. Qawra sits along side Buggiba and the two of them have plenty of restaurants and bars. there is also a water park which is a 5 minute bus ride away. the most popular night clubs and late bars for teenagers are found in Paceville/St Juliens which will be a 20 minute bus ride there and a taxi back-6Lm or 8Lm =£!0.00-£13.00

Malta is a small Island and so traveling around is never a grueling trip. Your non divers can visit Valletta, Sliema, the beaches in the north of the island and Gozo. Hope you all enjoy your stay :D
Thanks so much.

I feel i need to clarify with regards to the diving as the way i worded my original post is a little confusing (it made sense to me at the time of posting but looking at it again :? ......Rob is a dive master and i am a complete novice hoping to qualify soon and we are members of a dive club in England called Frog Squad. We are part of the Frog Squad touring party ( approx 30 of us!) due to visit Malta in May. We book in in advance with a reputable dive school at the holiday destination. The hotel we stay at is entirely separate.

I just wondered which was the best school in Malta to book with?

Once again, many many thanks..
Hi,

Not sure if it is to late but have a look at Corsair Diving in Bugibba. I would certainly recomend them. Their e-mail address is info@corsairdivingmalta.com or look at their website.

Have a good holiday.
"Not sure if it is to late" - only by about 8 months :cheers
:rofl :rofl It is way too late but thanks anyway. since then we have been back twice more and stayed over in Gozo in Xlendi and Marselforn.

We dived originally with Paradise Diving, based in Circkewwa smack opposite the hotel Paradise Bay and near the ferry port. We did some great dives and there were some fantastic wrecks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.