Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Malta Time?
10 Posts
GMT+1 always just thirty years behind uk with a lot of other things, thank God. :lol:
yep, change clocks on the same day as the UK - in fact I seem to remember reading that now all EU countries change on the same day...
Thanks vee dee & Mark,

After all the many years I have travelled to your magnificent Islands and although I had noticed we were always that hour behind, I now know why! :yipee

I don't have the slightest clue as to why we still change our clocks these days. Can't see the point and I wonder if there's any reason to do this in Malta/Gozo especially since you are further round towards the equator and day lengths are therefore less extreme throughout the year than they are in the UK. Was it something imposed on Malta when they were a British colony? :shock:

Trev
nearly all developed countries do this - only "rich" country that doesn't that I know of is Japan

ah, here we are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time
Yes the time changes as it changes in the UK. Malta is always one hour ahead of UK.
Talking of time, what time will it get dark in the evening in August?
And what time is sunrise?

Thanks
Great, thanks for that gozomark.
Doesn't Mark just know all the best web sites for us all :angel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.