Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Go back and do them properly :wink:
Visit some of the many fabulous and very varied museums.

Go to some of the megalithic / prehistoric temples i.e. Hagar Qim, Mnajdra Temples, The Hypogeum.

Take a 90 minute trip to Sicily & Mount Etna by high speed ferry.

Visit some of the hundreds of the ornately decorated churches.

Spend a day at the Mediterraneo Marine Park.

Take a boat to the Blue Grotto.

The Ta Qali crafts village & MALTA AVIATION MUSEUM CLICK HERE :fly

Ghar Dalam - Cave and Museum.

Go to a Festa.

Take a Harbour Cruise from Sliema.

Go SCUBA diving in the crystal clear water.

Visit a vineyard.

Pay your respects to Ollie Reed in 'The Pub' in Valletta :glynis

ETC ETC ETC

Yep you are right Dave, I think I would struggle in the second week :rofl
You could always visit Little Armier Bay and hire a jet-ski for a trip around Comino 8)
Or visit some of the old villages or do one of the breathtaking country walks, or visit some of the underground air raid shelters, or some of the numerous archeological sites, let's put it this way we are soon to be going on our 17th visit and we still find loads to do and see, if you want any specifics on my reccomendations just ask.

Caw caw
Sliema2
Hello Lads and nicky thanks.

Dave
Hi Folks

I'm Jilly,

Not new to Holiday truths but new to the Malta forum! Am booked for Mellieha for Halloween and was wondering about places to eat in and around the Mellieha area? Someone had recommened the Arches, I remember going in there when I was 18 and getting a Blue Moon Cocktail. Saw the web site posted on here, the place sure looks a lot different from when I was last there in 1981!

Also, does anyone remember the Il Piazetta Apartments on the Tower Road? opposite Qui si Sana, they had a restaurant on the ground floor called Il Bancinu?

Thats were I stayed the first two years I went to Malta and was wondering if they are still there or have been turned into residential apartments. They were absolutely enormous on the inside.

Thanks
Jilly
Hello Jill and welcome to the Malta forum. You really can't go wrong for restaurants in Mellieha so don't worry to much on quality. I have posted afew places here :- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73540

Also you could try the Cross Keys and Reflections. both are located towards the supermarket 'Shoppers' on Mellieha Heights. Apartments in Malta do tend to be larger than those found in Spain,Greece and Turkey.

I can't comment on the previous places that you have been to but feel free to ask any other questions concerning your stay, I'm sure you will get the answers. :wink:
Hi M+n

Thanks for getting back to me, saw lots of views but no replies :( thought I was going to be left on the shelf hahaha.

Am booked in apartment/villa in Santa Maria estate. Its supposed to a lovely area. Will check out the information you have given me.

Cheers
Jilly
You will be staying in 'The Heights' area, Very nice it is too!
As you walk up to the main road you will find 'Shoppers' and of course Reflections and Cross Keys.

There are regular bus services down to the bay which should only take between 5/10 mins' There are also regular bus services to and from St Paul's/Buggiba/Qawra 10/15 min' journey. Which has a lot of bars should you fancy.

http://www.mellieha.com

http://www.mellieha.info/

Hope you have a very nice holiday 8)
we found the Rovers Return to be suitable for all our needs and the food was ample, they even managed to feed us all at the same time when we had a group of 20. basic but well worth a visit and the breakfast is yummy.
have never been to malta and was thinking about trying it in september.can anyone give me an idea of the weather and which would be the best resort.would like a beach fairly nearby and some nice bars and restaurants.also can you tell me if its better to take travellers cheques or cash. also any reccomendations for hotels
thanks
Hello bushbaby,

If you want to be near to a beach then you'd be best staying in Mellieha or Gozo. Mellieha has plenty of fine restaurants but only a handful of bars. a ten minute bus journey will take you to the resorts of Buggiba/Qawra where there are plenty of bars.

September is a nice time to go. There are plenty of ATM's and exchange shops. Hope you enjoy your stay 8)
http://www.mellieha.com/accomo.htm
mellieha is a fine beach and area to stay and will be enhanced even further when the swiss style ski cable cars are in place to ferry people from the heights down to the sea front and back.
vee dee,

Yes I can see the swiss style cable cars being a success along with the paragliding scheme whereby you jump from just behind the church and float down to the beach. :lol:
  • Edited by m&n 2007-08-15 08:08:14
m & n sounds good to me but what about the return journey, next you will tell me the para-gliders training ground is on the beach at paradise bay. still joking aside i know its early days and a mono-rail is still an option but i,m sure whatever they decide on it will be a sight to be beholden when completed.
Hi all, just back from cyprus for our secound visit to the island, not to sure i feel like returning again next year, all seemed a bit sameO sameO.
Maybe looking to visit malta for the first time, but do not know where to visit what area hotel etc, have a nine year old daughter, and would like her to have a nice time with plenty to do and see for her.
Please any advice thank you jim...... :)
Hi Jim

I have merged your post with existing first time visitor posts which may have some suggestion in earlier posts.

luci :wave
We are thinking of going to Malta next summer and would like to find some info sites with maps ,tourist information etc.
We have no idea about Malta at all so any sites or info would be great.
The place we are thinking about is the St George bay area.
But we always have a car and travel round first time in a new place.
Many thanks.
Merged with existing topic which may have some information.

luci :wave
m&n sorry to build your hopes up earlier in this thread but according to sunday times the mono rail could just be proposed for around the inner and outer regions of Valletta if an underground system is too costley, hence looks like just improved bus routes for the north and a chopper service to gozo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.