Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
1ST TIMER
12 Posts
Hi keith,
I would seriously look at either of the Barons, they are very highly thought of and are on a good beach and only a 20 minute ride from Naama Bay where all the "action" is.
A friend of mine has just returned from the Baron Palms and was most impressed because she has a Gluten Allergy, she told the chef of this and at every meal was told what was in it and never had any problems.
Yes it is confusing because there are so many 5* hotels, you may want to look on Trip Advisor aswell for more reviews.
Happy looking :sun2
Phyll
Thanks for the quick reply Phyl, I think most hotels will run some sort of shuttle bus :think if not any idea how much a taxi would be..thanks Keith
Last year we were at the Coral Sea Imperial which is next door to one of the Baron hotels and the hotel ran their own taxi service which if i remember correctly was about GBP15 return.

Garry
Yes Keith they all run their own shuttle bus, cant remember how much the taxis are but definitely agree a price first !
They are mad drivers so i wud stick with the shuttle at night time !
I am also going in sept and cant wait, its a couple of years since ive been and just love the place :D :sun2
Phyll
We are going to the Sonesta Beach Resort for a week in May - got really good reviews on Tripadvisor and apparently is only 15 mins walk to Naama Bay.
Sonesta every time...Michelle is the best person to answer any questions you may have about SBR.

It is not far from the heart of Naama bay..
The sonesta beach resort is particularly good because it is not right in the middle of the resort but can be reached by a lovely promenade walk into Naama Bay or the road way which is ok to do as many do walk this way, normally 20-30 mins approx.

When i started going to the SBR in 2005 the popularity of this hotel was 121 out of 250 hotels !! now it is 29 on the scale of how many people go there.

If you want a lovely hotel outside of Naama bay but namely want somewhere quiet, but to get off the complex to NB via a cab then you need to be heading for Sharks bay/Nabq bay etc. Not much going on but peaceful.

However if you want a quietish hotel with stuff going on, but can walk safely and freely outside and a lot going on and have NB on your doorstep then the Sonesta Beach Resort is a great base and good diving schools.Thomson, Thomas cook use this hotel and portland.

It will be my 9th time to this hotel [November] and as other people have mentioned i know whats what in this hotel.

Michelle x
Thanks to all who have replied, I think the mrs has narrowed it down to, Oasis Reef, Sultans Garden or one of the Baron Hotels (not sure which one) I have gone cross eyed I've looked at so many places and as I mentioned earlier they all look nice but its better to hear from people who have 1st hand knowledge of the places and surrounding area......many thanks again....Keith
KJF

Go with the Queen of Sharm (Derwent Rocker) she goes to Sonesta BR so often she's on first name terms with the Management must be good or she would be shouting VERY loudly
:rofl Abit dramatic but very very true MC :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.