Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya

Now I think this is one of the new Riu hotels in Turkey, and as with all Riu hotels it will be fabulous.....................

When we were in Belek last year there was a lot of talk about this hotel, it is central, between Kadriye and Belek Centre and has a beachfront location.
That really is all I can tell you, but I can tell you about Belek. It is a little town, lots and lots and lots of big ultra AI hotels, and plenty of golf courses, it is a golfers paradise............
A little tractor goes past the hotels in both directions every half hour to take you into the town for a few lira. Taxix are available to take you further afield, Side or Antalya, Manavgat is also a good day out.

Everything is priced in Euros!! this confuses a lot of first timers, so I will try to explain a little if I can, There is a high percentage of eastern european and European guests that holiday in the Antalya region (best climate of all the coasts) and because most use euros' then it is better for all to price that way. You can ask to pay in Lira or sterling, and they will oblige, but watch the conversion rate, be as smart as they are.

Use Lira to tip the bar staff, maids, bell boys and waiters, and of course some of the transport (Dolmus) will take lira too. Hotel bus, if not complimentary, usually price in Euro.

Belek has a few bars, some good, some indifferent, and your hotel will offer you everything you could want, but, please go out of the complex for a day trip into Antalya or Side just to see how beautiful Turkey is.

You will have a wonderful time, and I know lots of people will help you with any questions you may have. :sun2
Triflebum really is an absolute asset to this site. Where have you been all this time?.........Oh yeah,.....Turkey :rofl
Toooooooooooooooo Right.

Thanks minione, help anyone along the way if I can, Know a little about a few places, know what I like and I like most things in Turkey.

I read everything I can, listen to other peoples points of view and I hope I give an un biased opinion.

There really is a wealth of untapped beauty in Turkey, and even though we go twice a year (more if I can help it) there is so much to learn, so much to see and so much to do.

I think if I could, I would love to bring one or 2 of the luxury AIs' from Antalya, the extreme beauty of Dalyan, the cosmopolitan feel of Kusadasi, the vibrancy of Bodrum and plonk it all in the middle of Turgutreis........heaven, pure heaven.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEH Need a holiday.

TB (and thanks for your lovely comment) :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.