Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
First Timer
38 Posts
we go every year to qawra and stay at the clock place apartments. within a five minute walk you are on the seaside promenade. there are lots of bars and restuarants within the area for every age group.
Ahhh The Clockplace. Been many-a-time in every apartment (except one) and the penhouse and thoroughly recommend it. If you want a real treat stay in the Penthouse and get the sun ALL day. :sun2
I tried to find this place but couldn't. Can you give me directions from say the Santana hotel please
Easy Charliegirl

Back to the Santana. Go up the road to the left of the car park, Port Ruman, until you reach the 2nd path over the fields on your right. The Clockplace is on your left opposite 'path'. Look for the clock at the top of building. Any problems go to the fruit/veg shop 2 doors up from Mary's. That too belongs to Josephine.
Is there any areas we should avoid ??

In our opinion deffintely avoid the Bugibba-Qawra area, this area is a real ugly run down ghastly looking dump, infested with timeshare and the typical british holiday maker types that would be more at home in Blackpool, loads of horrid english style pubs and places to eat, and end to end tacky gift shops and rough looking hotels all in all a truly vile place that could well ruin your first holiday in Malta and / or put you off ever going to Malta again which is a real shame as the "real" Malta has so very much to offer more than anywhere else in the Med.

Sliema is a slightly better option I suppose but unfortunately once again in our opinion it has started to feel like the above area a bit to us, to busy, to much traffic, to many tourists, tacky gift shops and timeshare etc, we passed through it on the bus last week and my god were we glad to get back to the peace and tranquility of the countryside, thank god not one concession to tourism where we go and only a handfull of people speak english hence my excellent Maltese, peace and sanity guaranteed.
We go regularly to Melleiah Bay, to the Mellehia Bay Hotel. It is in a quieter part of Malta and has a lovely sandy beach and beautiful views from the hotel. The hotel is lovely, food very nice and has 3 swimming pools. There is a daily bus right from the hotel entrance into Valleta or a short walk down the road there is a regular bus service. Another place to avoid is Paceville.
Another place to avoid is Paceville.

Agreed.
Hello Sliema2, I have not been on here for a while, and have not been to Malta for even longer but I find it hard to understand the way you seem to pull some places to bits, I do agree that some places do need pulling down and it would be good if they rebuilt them. But for some one who has been to Malta so many times and has first class knowledge of most of the island, would it not be better if shared this with first timers, as this is what the site is here for.

Dave.
We've been to Malta over 25 times and mostly in the Qawra/Bigibba areas which we like apart from the timeshare pests but just ignore them. We also went to the Mellehia Bay Hotel but found it too far out with not much to do in the area. I agree with Dave's comments to Sliema2
I agree with Dave too.
We have been to Malta at least twice a year for 24 years now, (I was just a baby when we first went!) and have always stayed in Buggiba/ St Pauls area. We have made many friends there and the locals are lovely peolple. We have looked at Sliema on many occasions and find that it is not for us but I wouldn't slag it off. On this site it should be our 'positive' opinions we share with others and understand that different people want different things from their holiday. I get the feeling that Siema2 has the opiinion that all people who stay in Buggiba etc. are of a lower class who wear their hankies on their heads. We personally are not like this at all and are well travelled and love the history and culture of Malta. I have yet to see any Brits in Buggiba with hankies on their heads, although we do see a few Germans wearing socks with sandals!!!

CAn we all be allowed to give a more positive opinion on this forum without the risk of being shouted down
As a new member here I was quite shocked to read the tasteless comments by Sliema2. I have spent a while reading his past comments on Malta and totally agree that he seems to have a good knowledge on the Islands (or is this all from books) but, every now and again he post these vile insults.
It is not too long ago that he praised Sliema and there was nowhere like it. The rate he is going he will detest Malta shortly.
Why can't people like him be helpful instead of offering his mindless comments?

Pull yourself together man.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Dhh_mryYxQs/SJx52nMw2eI/AAAAAAAAAFU/UMElUdpuXQ8/s320/4monkeys_lg.jpg

Is there any areas we should avoid

Maybe you should of all gone to specsavers 8-) 8-) :rofl :kiss
  • Edited by Sliema2 2010-03-01 12:17:56
I agree that this topic wanted the negatives but this is your usual response to all related topics
this is your usual response to all related topics

So come on Charlie if that's the case then what does that tell you ?, obviously we do not like this area and will always tell the truth as we see it, you shouldn't be so paranoid love, if you like it that's all that matters, now calm down Mrs and put kettle on.
Please do not patronise me. You haven't a clue who I am or what I am about.
PS
I think the topic should be locked now so as not to cause the inevitable slanging match
I think the topic should be locked now so as not to cause the inevitable slanging match

Or indeed you and your funny little cyber playground chums any more cyber embarrassment, should of gone to specsavers :rofl :D
It's your own fault that you get dragged in to these things, my comments are my business and made from the heart, if you and your little pals don't like it I don't care, in fact why bother sticking your nose in when it's quite frankly nowt to do with any of you in the first place I think that you like causing arguments and when you realise that you are not intellectually up to the challenge that you have caused you sctuttle off wanting to close the topic, be that Dave (a bloke I have got a lot of time for incidentally), Jean, or bovril cube, I tell the truth as I see it and you don't like it ! well tough get over it, the word "truth" is a big clue on this website as if you look carefully you will see it quite clearly in the title of this website, or should we call it http://www.holiday-lies.com in order to please our paranoid members of a very sensitive disposition :rofl ;)
Ok enough is enough. After discussion it has been decided to ban Sliema 2. We do not like to ban any member however, we will not tolerate continual disrespect to other members.
Hello Glynis, I feel bad about all this, I never thought it would go this way and am sorry for setting Sliema2 of on one his momments and if he does have a look in at this site again, I am sorry to you.

Dave.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.