Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi I don't know what the notes are worth as I've never been to Tunisia,but have you thought of giving them to charity, I think they are able to bank them.
Good suggestion OB, except by the time a charity has emptied their collection boxes and sorted the money in January, due to Christmas, the £10 equivalent will be worthless. Maybe some employee at Tunisair or at the Tunisian embassy here in London will change them for me? I should give it a try.
:( I don't think you will get much for them as they are only worth about £9 now.

However you could put them in the charity tins at the Post Office to help Barnado's - http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/11/prweb1678034.htm

or Help The Aged - http://www.helptheaged.org.uk/en-gb/HowYouCanHelp/Recycling/ForeignCurrency/

There will be a period (usually 3 months) that business can continue to deal with the old style notes, of course this might not work either as in theory there should be no Tunisian currency in the UK as it is illegal to take it out of Tunisia. :que
It really makes me laugh when you are constantly told that it is illegal to take Tunisian currency in or out of the country but can get it quite easily at the TTT Bureau de Change at Stansted. I've only done that once as the exchange rate is pants, but I needed a bit for a taxi at Monastir. I've usually brought about 50/80 dinars back with me for years so I have something to start me off and have never had any problems, though I've heard tales of people being stopped and the dinars confiscated. You can actually spend dinars at the coffee shop airside at Monastir Airport.
Thats right Aslemma, you can spend them in the coffee shop and it works out cheeper than using english, i find.
But it makes me laugh because officially you should have given them in before you get to there.
Like you say if your a regular to Tunisia its so handy to have a few dinars for your first day/night as depending what time you arrive no where maybe open to exchange.
hi aslemma are there any atms in pek or at the airport?i like to use my nationwide flex card ,as it gives the best exchange rate with not charges,when possible.
thanks
Hi Bushbaby, I'm sure there are ATMs at the airport but as I always have enough to start me off when I land I haven't needed them for some time. ATMs are everywhere in Tunisia, at least in the bigger towns. In PEK I always use the ones opposite the pharmacie, near the arch . In Sousse they seem to be almost every 50 yds, including one inside the Sula Centre.
Yes there are two atm machines in the airport. As you come out of arrivals, turn left and you will find them on the right hand side
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.