Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
4 months in Goa
10 Posts
Never heard of it, only thing is, the 2 month gap between trips in the validity of the visa ;) See visa section ;)
Yes, I have it on good authority this will be implemented for next season.
another nail in the coffin for tourism in Goa! :duh
scorpion.
Scorpion wrote:
Yes, I have it on good authority this will be implemented for next season.
another nail in the coffin for tourism in Goa! :duh
scorpion.

thats not good then :cry
A 3 month visa starting from next season :que Thats not good. Most folk can only visit once then :duh Oh well its Goa loss, not ours, plenty of other places to visit instead.
So,lets get this straight.A three month visa and no return within 2 months after your first visit.

If that is correct they really do not want tourists do they?

Papa
A 3 month visa starting from next season

I just got my sixth annual 6 month visa last week and was told at the visa centre that since I'd bought 6 previous visas I could - next year - apply for a 12 month one! I would just need to show the old passport visa stickers.
Though I was told that granting it would be discretionary not guaranteed.
ukbill I think there are quite a few people out there with 12 month tourist visas but when they leave Goa they are still not allowed back in until 2 months later, so I guess nothing is guaranteed. Whats the point having a 6 or 12 month visa if you cant make proper use of it :que
I think its a terrible way to treat people and assume its ok to chop and change the rules as they go along :(
As ukbill says you can apply for a twelve month visa and no it is not guaranteed that you'll get one. In addition, if they then send you and three month (or six month) visa instead, I understand they do not reimburse you the difference in the cost. Another rip off they have implemented at our expense it seems :(

Fizz
So,lets get this straight.A three month visa and no return within 2 months after your first visit.

If that is correct they really do not want tourists do they?

Would it not be more accurate to say that they are trying to deter frequent long term stayers rather than all tourists? Having been browsing this forum off and on whilst trying to make up my mind as to whether I want to give Goa a try, I do realise that there are some of you on here who spend a large part of the year in Goa but for someone like me who at most is going to go for 2/3 weeks at a time, I can't see that this is a deterrent. Even if I do end up loving it after a first visit, as so many of you do, I'm extremely unlikely to want to make a return visit within less than 2 months. I have a generous leave allowance each year but even so it wouldn't stretch to returning that frequently as well as still being able to holiday in other places - are not most visitors likely to be in the same position?

These conditions are not that different than those governing non-UK nationals who don't have residency rights here - and even some of those who do still have to apply for a re-entry visa every time they leave the UK.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.