Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Gym
Hi Pradaboy - there is a new gym called Fitness Plus, behind Spitfire bar, Calangute, take the Arpora road and it is just there on the left. Open from 6.00am to 10.30pm. Fully air conditioned, bikes, treadmills, steam, personal training, open seven days.
There's a thread on here ref Gym Equipment etc but I would say that the new one behind Spitfire is the best.

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=66653

GFF xx
Thats great flip , It will be my first time in Goa , I'm really looking forward to it , and with all the beer I will drinkin , I need to burn it off .
Hi golden , Thank you for the advice , I am planning to stay for a few months . Whats the weather like as I noticed your based in Goa .
Pradaboy,

Weather is HOT and very very humid at the moment, (too hot for a gym workout)!! It looked today like we were in for some rain but it didn't happen. I think we need a nice bit of the wet stuff to cool the place down.

Have a safe journey, GFF xx
I am soooo envious ! How come you can get away for 4 months ?
Davewales I need to chill for a while , a mate is going this friday and i thought yes why not sit on a beach for a couple of months eating good food enjoying life !
Enjoy ! Might bump into you in February !...... I can't believe you will still be there, it seems ages away to me !
PradaBoy,We are flying out on monday 6th via Jetairways Heathrow. Also for four and a half months.are you going via mumbi.
Its good to chill 8)
Monday 6th Nov 2006 On the 21.05 flight from Heathrow , getting to mumbai 11.30 , internal flight landing in Goa 15.15 .

Jetairways I am flying with..
Were on the same flight then to mumbi. we also have the 14.30 to goa.
see you at T 3 then.Heathrow 8) 5 days to go
Can't wait , Pickin my tickets up today . Checkins 3 hours before , is that right at Heathrow ?
yes thats about right

lez
Jet Airways are excellent........you can check in 4hrs before for a good seat on the plane at Heathrow!

We are doing the same route on December 13th and can't wait. :) :pele
Just a little tip, if the aircraft is only half full there will be rows of centre seats empty, grab one as soon as you can, the Indians move fast seat belt light on or not and get a good sleep stretched out
:wink:
Flew with Emirates from Birmingham via Dubai.The first leg of the journey was excellent only about 70 people on the flight,so had a whole row to myself.

john
:D I'm flying out to Goa via Mumbai on 11th Nov for 6 months....yes 6 adorable months - want to escape at least ONE British winter in my lifetime!!!
Will def grab a few seats to sleep across if they are available with Virgin?
And going to join a gym...just for something to do when i'm not swimming , or relaxing , or eating , or drinking , etc etc
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

From Carole.....and thanks everyone for the tips! :-)
6th visit to Goa by the way.....LOVE IT!
First time on a forum :roll:
Cazz , you have the same priorities as I , Gym , Long lunch 's and see where adventure takes you !!!
Seems we will be at the back of the queue since we can't leave here till January but then we plan to be there till June. This forum was a useful find; lots of good practical information.

We would like to find a traditional house, not too big as there are only two of us, ideally near the sea but away from the main tourist centres. If it really is so cheap to hire a car and a driver, who needs to be central! Sixty four thousand dollar question is - WHERE should we look for an old house in good condition which isn't priced for holidaymakers?

If we like it we may well take the advice seen here to rent long term rather than buy but maybe the temptation to renovate one of these super Portugese houses will prove too much to resist.

It has also been fascinating to read about the new children's charity it sounds a very rewarding way to fill a few hours a week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.