General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Following a board meeting this evening and on the instructions of the Chairperson (The Wife) I will tomorrow be visiting the travel agency to book a holiday for May. Spent a couple of hours with brochures and the internet and it has been decided (again by the Chairperson) that our destination will be Majorca - Last visited in 1989. I had put off booking not being entirely sure how things would be with the Euro crisis but then why worry. Just get on with it.

We use the Thomson travel shop once we have found the holiday we want and they always book it at the price on the internet. They always try hard to please.

fwh
I always find the best price online
Then go down to Thomson then they price match it,but with it being the local shop can go in every week if i like and pay whatever,where as online its deposit,then balance
Works for me.
I always find our Thomson travel shop very reluctant to price match the on line prices but I always go to Thomas Cook next door first as they always match the web price,even Thomsons. :tup
I think it's kind of sad that travel shops in the high street are vanishing. I booked my first package hol to Ibiza with one nearly 40 years ago -- way before the Internet arrived to challenge them.
However the shops are very expensive to maintain and staff.
And the brochures cost a lot to print, many folk collecting armfuls and never booking from them.
And the staff are not usually widely travelled, they cannot afford to be, how many (just over minimum wage) young folk went to exotic long haul destinations last year?
And we the customers are a pain. I've booked on-line 6/7 hols a year for the last 4 years since I retired. No sensible travel agent could put up with me in their shop checking out every possible alternative for hours and hours, and then validating the details against Trip Advisor or the equivalent. And then expecting a rock bottom price when I finally get around to deciding to book.

So it's sad.
But it's also sad we don't have any dinosaurs any more.
"with it being the local shop can go in every week if i like and pay whatever,where as online its deposit,then balance"

First Choice online (and no doubt Thomsons as they are both part of TUI) allows you to pay as much as you want when you want.
Direct holidays allow you to pay as much as you want when you want also, i've been slowly paying bits off here and there and have finally paid mine off :tup
well spotted Chivas :rofl it should have read £1500 not £15000.
I would have expected some fabulous holiday for that much
Gunny wrote:
I always find the best price online
Then go down to Thomson then they price match it,but with it being the local shop can go in every week if i like and pay whatever,where as online its deposit,then balance
Works for me.

I do exactly the same Gunny I shop about on and in brochures, and my prefers T/O is Thomson and have not been disappointed so far, and they pritce match and last cruise they threw in AI drinks package
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.