Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Suzanne

I think that you will probably have reached the limit of what you can get now from Thomson shops, it might be worth trying some other travel agents with your lowest price ;) (I have found Coop Travelcare good) and see if they can match or better still beat it for you.

A couple of things you should note is that the price of holidays is rising steadily TUI / First Choice prices have risen by over 12% in the last 8 weeks and TUI (Thomson) has already stated that they will be increasing the price of next years holidays by up to 10% and reducing capacity by 27% over the next 2 years.
Is it also worth waiting to see if the price goes down in 5 weeks time when it might just as easily go up :que the holiday might also get fully booked, particularly the upgraded seats on the plane.

Just to muddy the water, travel companies like so many are feeling the economic pinch so it is well worth haggling hard to see if they will give just a little more.

These are thing you should ask yourself and if you are happy with the price now just book it.
Try Portland.They give you their web price which a good bit cheaper than Thomsons,even for the identical holiday.
I did a search on Say no to 0870 for a local number and found a fab agent who gave me the Thomson holiday I wanted at Portlands web price.
The Co-opertaive Travel have some fantastic discounts on Cruise at the minute 10% discount plus 5% if you are a member of the Co-op
have just tried co-op they came out £50 cheaper than internet. portland came out £100 cheaper than internet.

getting there! :tup
I have a phone number for a fantastic agent for Portland holidays.She gave me the same price as if I had booked on line.She has worked for the Thomson group for years and certainly knows what she is talking about,unlike some who work in the high st agencies. :rofl PM me if you want her number
Hi again Suzanne

I don't know if this makes a difference to the price but Portland are now giving double discount in their sale until midnight on Monday.

http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk/?ito=3109&itc=januarysale
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.