General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
A2B Transfers
16 Posts
Just returned from Icmeler 11th October ..... used A2B....I think because it is coming to the end of the season, the drivers are feeling a bit tired, cos I had 2 very bad transfers with them. So dangerous driving and arrogant drivers....I will never use them again...

Jaz
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2012-10-12 17:17:56
    Edit to remove capitals. Please do not post with caps lock on.
Thanks Glynis. I've since had an e-mail saying they noted I'd visited their site and hoped I'd been happy with my visit. This also gave another e-mail address to contact with any problems. I e-mailed and received a response, with no apology but a request that I send the booking reference to yet another e-mail address and not to reply to the individual who had contacted me as all e-mails were dealt with on a team basis. I gritted my teeth and followed instructions, noting that they appear not to work at the weekends. I shall now wait until Monday, after which I will hit the phone. As has so often been said on here, it is the way companies deal with problems which sorts out the wheat from the chaff and they are rapidly going down in my estimation. :roll:
Good luck Aslemma let us know how you get on :tup
I certainly will do G;ynis. At the moment I seem to be having one problem after the other but at least the clips come out of my arm on Monday so I hope to be able to do some hydrotherapy in the hotel pool.
Hope all goes well on Monday Aslemma :tup
Thanks again for the number Glynis. Having had no response to my last e-mail I phoned them today. It has now been sorted and I've had an e-mail to say the second booking has been cancelled. There was absolutely no apology for this fiasco but I suppose that would be too much to expect. I will keep an eye on my card statement to make sure the charge has actually been removed.
:tup Glad to hear it's, hopefully, been sorted Aslemma
I booked my parents a return transfer to the aiport with this company when they visited in September. We phoned the number given on the form the day before pick up and amended the pick up location. The new pick up location and time were confirmed by the woman on the other end of the phone. Guess what, no pick up the following morning. Eventually got through to someone on the emergency number who was very rude and didn't care less about the transfer for my parents. We ended up taking them to the aiport at our own expense to ensure they caught their flight. Sent a complaint via email as no telephone number on the wesbite and have been battling for over a month now to get a response/refund without luck. Would definitely not recommend this company!
I've finally got it sorted but it's been an interesting experience. I got an e-mail from them this morning to say they had refunded £14.10. :que You may not be surprised to learn that I did not find this acceptable so replied as follows:

"Dear Ms *******
Thank you for the e-mail confirming refund. The sums do not tally however, as two amounts of £18.80 were taken from my account whereas the refund would appear to be £14.10. Please rectify this immediately. I do not wish to ring your customer service department yet again, nor do I want clarification as to why £4.70 has been retained, I just want a straightforward rectification of the situation., The sooner this is done the sooner I can report the satisfactory conclusion of the matter on the the holiday-related forums of which I am a respected member. "

Passing swiftly over the fact that I am only a member of one forum and may not actually be that much respected on it, this had the desired effect and I have since had another e-mail to apologise and say the extra £4.70 has now been repaid. A reasonably satisfactory conclusion Is therefore hereby reported.
:tup Glad to hear it's finally sorted Aslemma
Now let's hope the transfer vehicle is actually waiting at the airport (and turns up for the return journey.). :roll:
Having breathed a sigh of relief that my problems with A2B appeared to be sorted it seems this hope may be misplaced. Last night I had a phone call from a friend who uses the Tunisia forum but I had not been in contact with for some considerable time. She informed me that there have been many problems with A2B this year, with people not being collected at the airport or for the return journey. I really did appreciate her warning, though obviously it is too late now to do more than send another e-mail saying I am aware of the problems and asking for reassurance. Does anyone have positive reports on A2B, particularly in Tunisia? Incidentally I notice that I only have one voucher, for both outbound and return, so have printed it off twice in case the driver takes it at the airport, leaving me no proof for the return.
This is where it turns to utter farce. :roll: I e-mailed the company again yesterday but unfortunately put the wrong reference number. on - ending in 7 rather than 5. This morning I received another voucher in the name of a Mrs McDonald travelling from Spain on 11th November. I hold my hands up to putting the wrong number but the most cursory of checks would have spotted I was not Mrs McDonald. I can only hope this lady has more luck than I'm having. I'm determined not to get stressed but I doubt I'll ever book with A2B again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.