General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
when we go to spain we go all inclusive we too have 3 children and you sure save money but it can be a bit repetative i find eating out in spain is not so cheap our fist holiday was to alcudia and we really enjoyed it there are hundreds of locations your best just seeing what deal you can get bulgaria is somewhere i would not go all inclusive its sooooo cheap to eat out and i mean cheap our kids love it there the food in the restaurants is great but the food in the hotels are not so good
hope you have a good holiday where ever you go
xx juliexx
Here is an example as you didnt say where you wanted to fly from or exact dates etc.

Wed, 03 Oct 07
Flight 9802 10:35 Depart London Stansted (STN)
13:35 Arrive Barcelona Girona (GRO)

Thu, 11 Oct 07
Flight 9803 14:00 Depart Barcelona Girona (GRO)
15:10 Arrive London Stansted (STN)

Total £178.90
http://www.ryanair.com

Oasis Park 3 stars,Calella,Costa Brava
Family room
All Inclusive
Total £528.70
http://www.medhotels.com (using promo code med summer 10 for 10% off)

Return transfers by shuttle bus £80 http://www.a2btransfers.com

Grand Total £787.60
you could also try xl.com and click on holiday offers, this is what i came up with as unsure which airport you want to fly from. this is for a weeks all inclusive in palma nova/magaluf

Itinerary

16-Oct-07
to
16-Oct-07 Journey Flight No. (XLA226V)
Manchester - Majorca
Time: 05:45/09:15
Main Cabin 2 3 0

16-Oct-07
to
23-Oct-07 Accomm Marina Barracuda/Pax
Twin Family Room (x 1) 2 3 0

Item Majorca To Resort Transfer 2 3 0

Item Majorca To Airport Transfer 2 3 0

23-Oct-07
to
23-Oct-07 Journey Flight No. (XLA227V)
Majorca - Manchester
Time: 10:15/12:00
Main Cabin 2 3 0

Holiday Costing
Description Price Quantity Total
Adult Price £189.00 3 £567.00
Child Price £105.00 1 £105.00
2Nd Child Price £133.00 1 £133.00
3Rd Adult Reduction £-21.00 1 £-21.00
Fuel Levy £35.00 3 £105.00
Fuel Levy £35.00 2 £70.00
Pre-Booked Items £40.00 1 £40.00
Total holiday cost: £999.00
If you're planning to go to Spain in October you also need to be aware that the weather can start to be a bit more unreliable especially towards the end of the month! We tend to think that if we go abroad we are guarenteed good weather but that's not always the case.

I often holiday at October half term so obviously that's at the end of the month. The chances are that it will still be lovely and I have had some glorious weather but I have also had years when it has rained alot (last year was one!)and you might find the pool is too cold to spend much time in (kids don't usually mind that though) although the med sea is usually still warm enough to swim in!

My advice would be to go at the beginning of the month if at all possible as it usually is more relaible then!
I think if you are planning on going in October you might be better going to one of the Canary Islands as the weather will be more stable than Mainland Spain.
Bartown & Julie

Bulgaria in October is definitely NOT an option.

It can be wet, windy and cold and there will be damn all open. The Bulgarian coastal resorts start to close down in the middle of September.

Patka
Try Benidorm. I have been a fair few times mid to end of October and never had any bad weather. I find the temperatures are just right for the kids :D
A hotel with an indoor pool would be good at this time of year. Benidorm would be an excellent choice - plenty going on all year round.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.