Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi, welcome.

Never been on an AOA jaunt but a fair guess would be either Albufeira area or Praia da Rocha. I have heard good and bad about these holidays but it depends on the company and your luck I suppose. Usually reports are favourable though. :)

I heard (probably rubbish) that the travel companies try to fill the better accomodation first as thay need to use their quota of rooms or they may not get that hotel/apartments the next year so they try and keep the good places full!! Don't know if thats true or not though.

Hire your car from the airport and get a good map of the algarve before you set off. Major towns are really easy to find but finding apartments in that town could be tricky. Maybe best hiring in the resort when you get there, loads of places to hire from.

Try http://www.economycarhire.co.uk if hiring before you go.

Good luck

Lummie :P
We booked min 2* AOA and got 4* Aparthotel in Praia de Rocha.
we got a nice apartmen in Alberfura old town didn't need transport only went for one week
Have you booked Self Catering or a Hotel?
We stayed at the Falesia hotel in Acoteias last week and there were some people there who had booked allocation on arrival. This was a Thomson Gold hotel which was superb!
Thanks you all for the information. We booked self-catering studio.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.