Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You do not say when you are travelling. From what you say this is what is termed a "Dynamic Package" rather than a "Package Holiday" where you would have been offered a full refund. Obviously the flights are of no use if you cannot get the accommodation you require.

The best suggestion I can make is that you should contact Ros Fernihough - Travel Law Solicitor. Ros often assists our members and will be able to offer you free advice on the best way forward.

The direct number to Ros's PA Pam is 01922 705134

Or try the switchboard number 01922 633214 and ask for Travel Dept.

fwh
It is always a nice feeling to look forward to a holiday but now yours has been tainted.
I can imagine how you feel, after spending a lot of time choosing and now being disappointed.
Please don't let it get you down - keep thinking what a lovely time you will have!
I hope all goes well.
Just had a thought. Have you tried contacting the hotel direct. This is their website where you can check availability/reserve /book accommodation direct.

http://www.kontesbeachhotel.com/

fwh
if you look on the tour operators forum under travel republic you will see that 1 of their employees contributes to the forums and is called "steved1". he seems to have some clout at TR so you should maybe PM him and ask him to look at your post.
if you cant PM him then i suggest you repost on the TR thread and mark it for his attention.
if all 4 of you are under 1 booking reference i dont see how they can possibly split you up.
if you have different ref nos. for each party then obviously they can.
Contact the hotel directly (speak to reservations) to see if they have (or ever had) confirmation from TR of your booking for the 4 of you. Ask for an short email to confirm if the booking was made.

I presume you have now paid in full for the hotel?
I was also going to suggest what Jim did in an earlier post. Post your problem in the Travel Republic thread and maybe Steve (one of the members) will be able to assist. He works for TR and has been of great help to me personally. He's a genuine guy who I'm sure will advise you well. Good Luck!
When booking accomm only on Travel Republic website, they class everyone over 11 years of age as an adult. So if, for example, your booking had been for a family ie 1 room for mum and dad , another for 2 young teenagers (classed as adults), how on earth could they expect to split the booking and have you in different hotels! The same principal ought to apply to your booking - they should move you all to a hotel which is to your satisfaction - after all its not your fault there has been a problem with the accomm you originally booked months ago!
I have often found when I have booked accommodation with TR Expedia Ebookers etc the hotel do not have your details until just a few days before you are due to arrive. I always call to make sure my reservation is there.
Yes do look on the TR forum and you may get more assistance there.

Sue
Hi Ozzie, from what I can work out having quickly looked at your booking, this shouldnt have happened. Accepting that, there is a problem at the existing hotel, and we need to get all four of you on the booking in the same alternative hotel at no extra cost.

I have spoken to the person dealing and we will speak to MedHotels during the course of today and hopefully have a solution for you tomorrow at the latest.

In the meantime, I will speak with IT on working out how MedHotels did not spot the two separate room bookings were for the same party, as that is where it went wrong.

Steve
hi steve thanks for helping out at tr one thing i dont understand is why cant tr move another couple out of kontes and put our friends in that room another option is the sister hotel hotel efendi at least they would be next door instead of all the way round the bay im disabled and dont want to be walking all that way to see them my wife and i want to keep in the kontes i done a lot of reseach on the hotels i like the kontes thats why we booked it just wish our friends were there as this holiday is a double aniversary holiday itwas gonna be a fantastic holiday not so sure now anyway once again thanks for helping steve
ps why cant i pm anyone help please
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.