DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
If that is the advertised price, and you book it, and you receive confirmation, they will have to honour it.

I once booked a room, which should have been £300 ish for 3 nights, and came out at £30 ish for 3 nights and I got the room :D . Obviously an error, but to my advantage for a change.

If this is the villa you want, then give it a try, it won't cost you anything if they don't take the booking.

I don't recommend Alpharooms, but this may be too good to miss.

Best of luck,

Robby :wink:
Wow! that sounds like a bargain, and actually might not be an error, Alpharooms have some really good prices at the moment. Like Robby says, once they accept the booking they should honour it. If they realise while you are booking that they have made an error they may not accept it, and you wont be any worse off!!!

I would go for it ASAP if its what you want :D :D :D :D
Thats sounds brilliant, Id book it and if it changes and you don't like the price Im sure you could cancel as they printed the incorrect price. I read the other day a bad review about alpharooms but all in all I believe them to be good value and honourable
I have a strange feeling that this has been brought up before and I think that legally they can cancel the booking if it's a computer/human price error.
:oops:
:roll:
Good luck Michelle - I'd be too nervous :lol: I saw on an accommodation only site the other day a really cheap week for €350 - 4 star and it was a junior suite. :D :D

Then I spotted an ordinary room below in the price box was €1,000 something Euros so realised that they had probably missed a 0 off :cry:

It was a Spanish company so didn't dare risk it......... :lol:

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you, please let us know if you get everything for the price quoted! 8)
I think the question that needs to be asked is 'would it be reasonable in expecting to find a villa for this price'. An example of this are the well publicised errors made online by big name companies in pricing. There were the TV's that normally retailed at £400 that were being offered on the web site for £40. Although in that case many orders were confirmed by e-mail, the company concerned managed to wriggle out of the contract by arguing that people were being unreasonable by expecting such a bargain.

In your case you now have a contract because confirmation has been received and so alpha are legally obliged to supply the services detailed for the price stated. Let's hope nobody picks up on the 'reasonable' word.

Having said all that, I have just got a quote for a two bedroomed villa on Corfu for the last week of July and first week of August for next year for £695 for four people, which I think is amazingly cheap. This is the price for all four of us and not each! So you never know the price you have been given may well be correct!

Good luck.
I think that if you know that the price of your accomodation is wrong, then you are taking adavantage of the company error. Of course the company in this situation has the right to adjust the price. It would appear that to discuss it on this website you are aware of an error and can not expect any company to honour this booking. However to make a booking in good faith is an entirely different matter.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.