Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The adapter plug you will get at most electrical stores, you need the plug that covers Asia/Rest of the world, normally listed on the packet where it can be used, should have a round 2 pin connection on. As for the smilies, just double click on the one you want to use and it gets put into your post :wink: :) :lol: PS. Don't stay in the north but, i'm sure your get your answer as loads of people on here do :wink:
Sea is rough along the Candolim, Calangute, Baga stretch with quite strong under currents so if you do swim there, be very careful. There have been a lot of drownings over the years and I wouldn't count on the life savers (if you can find one) as they only seem to be at Calangute steps which isn't much good if your up at Baga or Candolim. (I will stand corrected on this point as there may be others that I haven't seen).

Electrical adaptors - buy them in Goa as they will fit the sockets better.
:lol:
Thanks for your reply - very useful.
:lol: :D :) 8)
See worked the smilies out then :rofl
You can buy adapters over there for about £1 / £1.50.

Just be aware of currents when swimming in the sea.
are they the same adaptors as they use in Europe? I cant seem to find any differerent ones apart from ones for Oz :?:
They are not the same as Europe.
Get them in Goa it is much easier.
European adaptors do work, sort of, but they tend to be a bit loose so the connection doesn't always work. You are much better off buying one in Goa.

The undercurrents in the sea are very strong so you need to be careful. Every year we see people on crutches or with an arm in plaster because a wave knocked them over.
European adaptors do work, sort of, but they tend to be a bit loose so the connection doesn't always work. You are much better off buying one in Goa.

The European adaptors will work if you can find some with "bifurcated" pins.
Then you can open up the split pins, to ensure a tight fit in the socket. :roll:
click here.
We used European adaptors and didn't have a problem - TBH I thought we were supposed to use them!
I have always used European adaptors in Goa. The same ones I use in Greece. They can be a bit "loose" but a bit of leverage or sticky tape and they will stay in.

A couple of years ago from the Bombay Bazaar, I bought an adaptor. This goes into the Goan plugs and has 4 goan plugs. It also had 4 Uk plugs on it as well. Cost about £2/3. It has proven to be a god send for our Goan and Greek holidays. In Goa I plug it into the big adaptor/surge protector that is attached to the fridge. Then the fridge, Mosquito Plug ins, and the UK Hair dryer, Iron, Mobile Phone Charger, IPOD charger, battery charger, etc, goes into the Uk sockets. Brilliant!

This was the smaller Bombay Bazaar in Calangute that is not far from Royal Foods. You can probably pick one up from other stores, Panjim, Mapusa, Margoa etc. Everyone raves about the Elephant shop in Candolim, they might even have one there, or be able to get you one.

I stopped in a Goan Hotel once and it only had 1 Plug ! We had to unplug the fridge everytime we wanted to plug in the Insect repellant. We used to have a cheap Uk four gang extension and Euro plug adaptor which also worked okay. Make sure it is long enough as one time it was dangling from a wall socket and wasn't long enough to reach a table or beside table.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.