General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Hi Stranger

So nice to see a post from one of the **Old HT Stalwarts** who helped make the **original HT** such a success.

Yes I agree - there are also the replies to posts from 10 plus years ago - offers of University Degrees - posts is foreign languages that are against the T&Cs and much much more.

I wrote to Lance the other day asking if someone can please sort it out. I am not sure there is any Administrator these days. In the old days as you will recall these problems would never have arisen.

Personally I am too old to take on such a role besides which my accidental consultancy work has grown at a rate of knots and keeps me busy (and financially secure)

To be honest I feel sorry for the people that own HT - The TGs took over HT and then destroyed what had to be one of the very best forums on the internet and drove away the members. I still have the original correspondence on file when they accused everybody else (including the members) for it getting into a mess. And of course the promises that were so much pie in the shy.The new people were dropped in it and have struggled ever since. Perhaps if they could have recruited one or two people to do the day to day admin - not a very difficult job if they delete the rubbish posted daily it might have been better,

I have told Lance I still support HT and would love for it to thrive again. Meantime when I see a **genuine request** for help I will continue to reply and assist if possible.

Finally may I make a personal plea to any of the old members who are still about - try and give a little time to HT and let's try to raise it from the grave - if thats's possible
On 20th May 2021 at 07:44pm, fwh said:
Hi Stranger

So nice to see a post from one of the **Old HT Stalwarts** who helped make the **original HT** such a success.

Yes I agree - there are also the replies to posts from 10 plus years ago - offers of University Degrees - posts is foreign languages that are against the T&Cs and much much more.

I wrote to Lance the other day asking if someone can please sort it out. I am not sure there is any Administrator these days. In the old days as you will recall these problems would never have arisen.

Personally I am too old to take on such a role besides which my accidental consultancy work has grown at a rate of knots and keeps me busy (and financially secure)

To be honest I feel sorry for the people that own HT - The TGs took over HT and then destroyed what had to be one of the very best forums on the internet and drove away the members. I still have the original correspondence on file when they accused everybody else (including the members) for it getting into a mess. And of course the promises that were so much pie in the shy.The new people were dropped in it and have struggled ever since. Perhaps if they could have recruited one or two people to do the day to day admin - not a very difficult job if they delete the rubbish posted daily it might have been better,

I have told Lance I still support HT and would love for it to thrive again. Meantime when I see a **genuine request** for help I will continue to reply and assist if possible.

Finally may I make a personal plea to any of the old members who are still about - try and give a little time to HT and let's try to raise it from the grave - if thats's possible

Well - i'm a old member - yeah old in more ways than one sadly - not been here for years. just came on to see if I could find anything on Aegina. Recognise a couple of names but seems most have 'done one' sadly. I can stay around a bit and do some input on posts but seems very low key to what it used to be.. I was maily active in the Egypt part with Swiss Sinai etc etc etc. Anyway - enough from me - hope all the oldies or few that are left are well.
Blue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.