All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
We have recently come back from the DR and stayed at the Riu Merengue in Bahia Maimon/puerto plata.

We had a fantastic time there and you can use the other two Riu Hotels next door which nmakes it feel like you are staying in one big hotel. There is plenty of food to choose from as you can use any of the hotels during the day but you have to have your evening meal at your own hotel. Tthe beach is lovely but there are some rocks in the sea, and lots of water sports to choose from. The nightime entertainment is ok, they put a lot of work into their shows, but does get a bit boring.

The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

We went on two trips whilst we were there. Monster Truck Safari where you visit a local school, dominican house and meet the family, cheese factory. This was a great day out, we took pens, paper, pencils etc for the kids that you see along the way all day long.

We also went to Ocean World where we swam with Dolphins this was amazing and well worth a visit, you can also swim with sharks and stingrays which my Husband did.

This chain of hotels would be perfect for a honeymoon.

We also went to Cuba in June and stayed at the Playa Pesquero in Guardalavaca. This was also great, so relaxing and so much to do. 17 of us went there and could not fault anything at the hotel. The staff cannot do enough for you. Again there was plenty of restaurants to choose from, good beach and lots of trips to choose from.

We usually book through Direct Holidays, Sky Travel and Thomas Cook who are quite reasonable.

Good luck with whereever you choose to go and happy to answer any questions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.