Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Mrs PB -

I've not been to the Caribbean (yet), but there's a wealth of information (and sometimes heated debate) to be had on the Cruise Critic forums

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Now, a lot of what's in there will be personal opinion, presented in a very subjective way, so please treat it as such

The Cruise Critic home page has some good info as well, this is the page for the Southern Caribbean

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/ports/area.cfm?area=10
Thank you - had no idea where to start and appreciate your reply. Will have a good look at the links you suggested.
I'm sure they will have a great time. We did the Caribbean with Princess and then did the Med with Ocean Village. Both were great but we liked the more relaxed atmosphere of OV. Hoping to do the Caribbean with OV in couple of years. If your dad likes diving he is going to the right place. Bonaire is especially well known for its diving and I'm sure they will be able to arrange a trip through the ship. Trips with the ship tend to be more expensive but if they are a bit worried about doing DIY it might be best to arrange a couple of trips the first week, until they see how it works. We found the Caribbean easier to do DIY than the Med so I'm sure they will soon pick it up. In Aruba we shared a taxi with another couple to a beach, in St Lucia we did a trip to the rain forest, in Barbados we did the Jolly Roger Pirate Boat trip. Didn't visit any of the other islands but a lot of them are pretty similar.
Lady Scorpio wrote:
Hoping to do the Caribbean with OV in couple of years.

You will have to be quick as OV and OV2 are moving to Australia SEE HERE

luci :wave
I know, I heard the other day and have to say that I am really upset. Thought I had found something that my OH would l like, as he thought that Princess was too formal, so not sure what we will do. Does anyone have any thoughts on what ships are most like OV? Would really prefer a British ship and type of food.
The ship most like OV is Island Star. If the main thing for you is an informal cruise, then Norwegian Cruise Line are a better option than either OV or Island.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.