Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Fizzy

Weve flown twice now with Air India but only via Dehli on the return. Air India IMO you get what you pay more we picked them cos they were the cheapest at the time and too be honest never had a problem. Seats were comfortable enough in economy, inflight entertainment was probably not the best but to be honest I usually sit and read. There was a selection of english speaking movies..a few were quite current then some golden oldies and of course loads of bollywood ones. Food wasnt too bad but was a bit spiced out on the way home and they only have indian food but perfectly edible. They are not so quick coming around with drinks I always make sure I have a couple of bottles of water on with me.
Dehli airport didnt really see much of the domestic terminal and although the international one is fine once your through security..loads of cafes a duty free etc a couple of hours spent there would pass ok. Its quite a hike from the domestic to international terminals takes about 20 mins or so by bus.

If they are the cheapest and only option is via Dehli I would go for it but if you find one via Mumbai I would think about doing that instead especially if the flight down to Goa and back is going via Mumbai ...you end up with nearly an hour on the tarmac waiting for passengers to disembark then a security guy comes on and you have to point out your hand luggage ( at least twice ) then new passangers embark....on the plus side though you do get two meals:)

Julie
Thanks for your reply Julie, still not sure what we are doing. Price wasn't too bad that's why I considered it but hubby wasn't happy with 7 hours in Delhi (I can't really see the problem :think ) would still prefer to go with Qatar via Doha but doesn't look like the prices will come down with them this season. Maybe I will just wait and book it after Christmas, if I don't bottle it that is! Oh...decisions, decisions :)
Thanks again................Fizz
Fizzy, I haven't gone beyond this page but there appears to be an offer via Gatwick you need to travel in November on the outward journey.
http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/summer-sale.html

I paid £451 a couple of weeks back, the advert says from £432

Worth checking
Dave
hi dave
just had a look on your link,does state the price you quoted but i put in october cheapest came up at £692 big difference
hi dave
just had a look on your link,does state the price you quoted but i put in october cheapest came up at £692 big difference

It must depend when you want to come back !

You can go from Gatwick on 8th Oct and come back on the 8th Dec but to Heathrow for £435 minimium flight times too.

60 day rule and back on the 8th Feb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you come back in 2011 it does appear to be £692...... wow !
Thanks Dave but it's March 2011 only for us this time, got another new Grandchild due in October so not having a November break this year. Thanks for thinking of me though, would have been a good price too :cry Jude x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.