Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Can't really give much advice regarding hotels but one thing I would point out is that Los Cristianos is currently undergoing a major facelift and a lot of roads are being dug-up. You might want to consider this when choosing a location.
You'll find some pictures of the works in the Tenerife & Gomera album. Link for album here
Thanks for the warning. Do you know if the works are still likely to be going on in February?
I think it's scheduled for most of next year, if not longer.
Wouldn't recommend driving anywhere near the square at Los Cristianos either,you'll just get stuck in a traffic jam for ages...the traffic was chaotic when we were there recently...all because of the roadworks.
Thanks - I shall discuss with parents later on!
I must admit I fancy going further along to either the Barcelo Santiago or Playa La Arena - all we want close by are a few nice restaurants and quiet bars so I'm not sure PDLA is the right place!!
The spring hotel s are excellent, could recommend the Bitacora or Vulcano. The area these are in is fairly mature- whilst still in walkin distance of PDLA its at the more calmer end. Lots of older people around so your parents should enjoy it. Hotels and food of exceptional standard, really enjoyable. Have a great time

also the hotel will pay for a transfer for you if you book 7 night s or over with them on their website
I have to admit ,that particular area of Tenerife is still my favourite. :)
can recommend Bitacora Hotel too is fab been there a few times didn't go this year but wished we had even tho we did escape out horrid hotel las palmeras by spending most of our holiday in the Bitacora's bar and pool.
We have booked for the Bitacora next year :0)
We going in Feb 07, hopefully the road works outside the Torviscas Playa will be finished then, and siam park open!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.