Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I am afraid the price of the holiday at the time of booking is the price you pay.I booked a holiday to Sharm last year and 4 days later it came down £205 each :yikes
Was worth a go, I was under the impression that as I had not entered into any contract I was entitled to a refund. If I had signed on the dotted line then ofc I wouldn't expect a refund but as I haven't.......
All you can do is ring them up and ask! Nothing ventured nothing gained. Same happened with us last year but with First Choice. I rang them and explained the price had gone down and instantly agreed to honour the new price. All you can do is ask!! Denny
If the price had gone UP again once you paid your deposit - would you have been equally as happy to pay the additional cost? Probably not. As you say
so we made a £50 payment by Switch over the phone to secure the holiday
- by doing this you instructed the travel agent to make the reservation for you, at the price on offer at that time and they did this for you. If you now decide you don't want that holiday I think it fair to expect that you forfit your deposit.
You could always cancel rebook and be £20 better off.
I doubt you'd be able to cancel without paying the remainder of the deposit. The £50 was no doubt part of a low deposit scheme.
I don't understand why you think you haven't entered a 'contract' with them, just because you haven't signed anything ? The momment you gave them your switch card details you entered a contract with them, as you had paid a deposit on a holiday.

I booked a holiday last May for this July and to date have not signed anything and probably wont until I arrive at my hotel reception and sign the booking in slip. I still accept that a contract is in place between me and the TO as they have taken monies from my debit card.

As someone suggested if the price difference is enough, cancel and rebook as you will still probably be better off finacially. Other people on this board have done this in the past.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.