Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Advice Please
3 Posts
islandhealer,
Praia da Luz is a pleasant,laid-back resort which,I'm sure, will give you the kind of holiday you're looking for.If the apartments and villas that you fancy are privately owned and therefore not available via tour operators,it won't be a problem to arrange your own transport provided that you can find flights at an acceptable price.Do you have the benefit of low-cost carriers operating from your local airport and have you actually identified accommodation and checked its availability? (Prices are likely,of course, to be higher for June than the other two months you mention.) If you can let us know the answers to these questions,I'm sure we'll be able to guide you through the process of putting together your own holiday.
Just as a rough guide, private,pre-booked transfers from the airport to Luz and back are likely to cost in the region of €130-140.
Come back to us with further details and we'll set about steering you in the right direction.
  • Edited by Sagres 2008-01-16 10:10:44
Hi Islandhealer

When I was researching my Algarve holiday last summer, I considered Praia de Luz as I had a great fortnight there a few years previously. I decided on Lagos in the end though as I now have teens to occupy.

I was considering some apartments called Estrella de Luz which looked like they were good quality and fairly new, they were available on private rental sites like

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk

http://www.booking.com

I think the Travel Club of Upminster might feature them as well if you prefer to go with a tour operator. They definately feature other Luz accommodation.

You would need to check how far they were to the beach etc as they are new they are probably at the back of the resort.

Hope this helps, Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.