Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
mary i did advise you on the lykia thread about letoonia, incase you didnt see it here is the link, fab place, great views, not quite as good as lykia but still lovely and big advantage is its 24 hour all inc with international brands and near olu deniz in fethiye

http://www.letooniaresorts.com/site/fethiye/fethiye_home_english.htm
thank you so much. i didnt see it when you mentioned it before. will have look now. mary :cheers
ive put some photos in the gallery of letoonia, lots of companies do diy to letoonia too so you might be able to work with your dates, we stayed in the hotel part not the bungalows as they can be a lot of steps to climb but if you dont mind that think the bungalows are cheaper
I went to Lykia last year but this June we are going to the Aqua Fantasy at Kusadasi

http://www.aquafantasy.com/aquahotel.asp?lang=en

There is a waterpark next door with free entry and although the food and drink here aren't included in the AI you can pop back next door. The reviews are mixed and I'm not expecting quite the luxury of Lykia but at under £2500 for 2 adults and 4 children aged 6 - 11 it came in very cheap compared to Lykia.
Not been myself, but there is somewhere called Pegusus Palace that is a holiday village from First Choice. There is a big thread on it here somewhere. It is also large with lots of facilities like Lykia so might still have availability. Trouble is a lot of these places get fully booked for the summer holidays by April time. Hope you find something. Let us know how you get on. :)
doepsmc - we went there the year before last -were booked for 1 week and stayed for two lol. it is exactly the type of holiday we love although i appreciate somes idea of a nightmare. being on m own the kids clubs is my savour. when hes in there i can sit by the pool with my book a pleasure i dont get very often .lol.

i would book it again but tescos are paying for my holiday this year so i need to book with either cosmos xl.com(who i find really expensive).
Sorry Mary. I didn't realise you had been already, so much for my bright idea. :rofl
Sounds like I did the right thing booking Lykia over a year in advance.

There are lots of posh hotels over on the Med coast at Side, Lara Beach, etc that look like they have the kind of facilities you are after. The Titanic, Concord, Delphin Palace, even another Lykia World I think, perhaps you could book one of those with your Tesco points or did you particularly want to fly into Dalaman?
Cosmos offer the Titanic Hotel via Antalya and that seems to have waterslides and kids club and is popular with members on this forum, so I suspect must get a fair number of British guests, unlike some of the ones in that region. That may be important if it is just you and your son.
We went to the Titanic last year, it's an excellent hotel in every way. If however you are looking for something similar to Lykia World
I would recommend Letoonia. Fethiye. It's a lovely big resort with loads to do for kids and a free boat over to Fethiye several times a day. The food is lovely too and international brands. 24hrs a day. The rooms aren't as nice as the Titanic but how long do you spend in your room anyway. Denny
Hi Mary did you know that XL have pulled out of Tesco deals? We booked with them and are off to Lykia this May but the booking had to be completed by 31st Oct last year. I think at the moment there is only Cosmos left with tesco for European hols (Virgin but they do far away places only with tesco) Cosmos are expensive we are trying to save our Tesco vouchers for a hol next year and are also left with only Cosmos :(
you can use tesco vouchers for somewhere2stay.com for lykia world accommodation this again is part of cosmos, we used them for letoonia using our vouchers
ellie-meg Thanks for that, that is great news, I never knew that. With somewhere to stay is it accomodation only then you book flights seperate or do they do a package? :cheers
hi

i think its only accommodation and transfers, you have to book through airmiles though and some of the airmiles staff arent aware they can book with this company as i found out when i tried to book a hotel for prague i eventually got through to someone that knew what they were doing, grrr
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.