General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Best knockout pills (non-prescription) I know of are seasickness pills called 'Avomine'.
Take as indicated on the packet for 24 to 48 hours before your flight and you'll need to be carried onto the plane.
I took these when I used to go to sea and after a day or two I could fall asleep on my feet.

A little quote from netdoctor.co.uk

The sedative effects of this medicine may be increased by alcohol and medicines which cause drowsiness e.g. opioid painkillers, sleeping medicines.

although I'm not advocating you mix medicines with alcohol!!!

Russ.
I don't know why her doctor wouldn't give her anything. Our doctor gave my husband diazapan for his fear. Together with a few pints (even though we usually end up flying early hours) this usually takes the edge off!

Could she see another doctor?
Sorry! but what happens in an emergency?

fwh
Try Bachs rescue remedy just drops to put on your tongue available in Boots Lots of my friends use this in times of Stress, if you drink champagne the bubbles supposedly get the alchohol into your blood quicker so if alchohol calms them that might work good luck G
Or just pick a fight with the biggest geezer on the plane :D
Piriton usually works, non prescription.
knock out pills :cry: thats a bit drastic isnt it?
I used to take Sea legs travel sickness pills to make me sleep on a plane then I have been told this is dangerous as you need to move your legs to avoid DVT .By knocking yourself out you dont move so increase your risk of DVT.I usually chat to the person sitting next to me(if they are OK with this) and it makes the time pass quickly.
I used to take Sea legs travel sickness pills to make me sleep on a plane then I have been told this is dangerous as you need to move your legs to avoid DVT .By knocking yourself out you dont move so increase your risk of DVT.I usually chat to the person sitting next to me(if they are OK with this) and it makes the time pass quickly.
Am I the only one thinking of Mr T?

"I ain't gettin' on no plane fool'
Time passes quicker than you think - eat your (plastic) meal, watch the movie, browse the in-flight magazine, take a good book or some puzzle magazines. I tried Bach Rescue Remedy last year but it didn't seem to do much for me. Remember to do your leg exercises every so often, that passes the time too :D
Personally, I wouldn't fancy taking sedatives, I'd be worried about being groggy and grumpy for the first day/night of the holiday :?
I think the flights would go much quicker if they put something on the tv and left it on instead of all the advertising and interuptions. I could quite easily sit and watch 2 1/2 hours of men behaving badly or Fools and Horses but it just seems to be adverts etc!!!
I'll just take my Ipod and have the odd go on my daughters gameboy!
depends on how long the flight is ,we just done 11n half hours to india.with break inbetween. seemed along time when we were on there but you soon forget when you get off.i had the unfortunate seat ,sat next to a man who constantly drank vodka from bottles in his jacket. after 4 hrs his breath stank of stale alcohol and i was hoping he fell asleep so i didnt have to reply when he talked to me :evil:
Bang goes the mith that if you drink vodka your breath won't smell of booze!!!
fhw, my immediate reaction to your asking what happens in an emergency, was "who cares, I'll be knocked out and won't feel a thing!" Sorry folks :D
ahh sue, thats bad your so scared, i love flying just think of it as part of your hols, hope your ok and have a lovely holiday.

fizz xxx
ive already been given the instructions from my friend on how to move her legs every 10 to 15 min but il mention your suggestions to her thanks, in reply to the emergency im not to wake her unless she has a chance of survival,
:shock: Do not ever mix alcohol with drugs like diazipam, this is highly dangerous and even a couple of drinks will give the impression that you are hammered and will get denied boarding, worse you could well find your self on the way to the hosptial in a nice ambulance.
You get the picture, those warnings on pill labels are there for a reason!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.