Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
April the hottest time, (yes even hotter than Goa) but this can lead to some real heavy downpours which puts humidity at a peak so A/C is a must. Weather is so unpredictable even during the so called dry season in Thailand. IMO the Andaman side ie Phuket, Krabi generally gets of lighter around the march/April time, with Dec/Jan being the best for comfortable temps.
I never use air conditioning no matter where I go in the Far East , it is 'artificial' I have always been happy with a fan, not been to KS in Jan I am afraid , I have been there only in July/August but never turned the A/C on.
Horses for courses. I'll use a/c in big cities, or possibly when first arrived. But fan, particularly if you're on the coast with requisite sea breeze if normally fine for me. No harm in having it as an option though if you're going to be unsure, I know some people couldn't handle the heat without it.
A/C for me. Not having its like not having central heating in UK. As for sea breeze there's none where I am at the moment... Ko Kho Khao. Plus tends to be less bugs to bother you in A/C environments. Having said that I lived in Singapore for three years without it. Best solution is to have room with A/C and a fan.
buy a fan and put some ice in front of it the more ice yhe more effective
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.