General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Could you not just buy a small desk fan and one of you take it with you as hand luggage?

That's what we're doing this year (our apartments have got a/c, i'm just too tight to pay the extra for it :rofl )
good point, but my family usually pack enough to take me over my limit anyway
To be totally honest we don't book any holiday accommodation now unless it has air condiitoning.

We learnt our lesson a few years ago in Zante, middle of a heat wave, really really REALLY hot and no air conditioning. The fans we hired just blew the hot air around the room and it was just to uncomfortable. Air conditioning for me every time :)

Ali x
I also wouldnt book if there isnt any air conditioning. Its on my list of must haves for holiday requirements.
No airconditioning no booking from me either - shudder (please :lol: )
Have to agree with the other posters - no airconditioning, no booking.
Hi,

I have to agree, we went to Malta one year & all they had were ceiling fans.....we had power cuts about 3 times during the night, it was unbearable I have to say - never again.

Deb
We had air conditioning for the first time 3 years ago and it was heaven. I have to say, I would never go back to an apartment or hotel without it. Dont know how we managed before.

Sarah :)
Well i think that is decided then air conditioning it is then. :tup
Just as you decide, I find this and reply :rofl I have lived in Lanzarote for 16 years very happily without air conditioning!! Yes it does get hot in July, but it is very easy to either buy or hire a fan for the duration of your stay. Most hotels have airconditioning, just not so much in apartments and private villas. Perhaps if you ask this question again in the Lanzarote threads you will get more advice from people who holiday there year after year :cheers
I've stayed in Lanzarote and Tenerife in July and August, without air conditioning. Lanzarote was fine - it was windy and the evenings felt a tiny bit chilly after a day in the hot sun, Fuerteventura would be pretty much the same, they are both "windy" islands. Tenerife was little too hot in the evenings in August, but then it's not as windy in the summer there as it is in Lanza/Fuerte.
It's possible to get by without it in the Canary Islands, but I wouldn't book anywhere in the Med (Greece/Spain/Turkey etc) without air conditioning.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.