Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
If my dad was parted with his guide dog for a long haul flight, then she would be neurotic by the time they arrived at their destination! She can't bear to be without him for more than a couple of hours!!

Glad to see that guide dogs can travel in the cabin, although how they're going to fit into the toilet with their owner is quite bemusing!! Do you think the dogs will have to wear nappies for these journeys, or how else will nature be allowed to take it's course??
Hi!

As a guide dog owner I am always being asked if I can take my dog on holiday with us. Personally I would never dream of causing Nyle the stress of a long haul journey unless it was absolutely essential, even then as the airports who participate in the scheme are limited as are the countries who have the necessary facilities. As we are Turkey fans the question is entirely academic as many locals wonder about a white stick never mind a 45 Kilo yellow lab wearing a leather harness!LOL! I'm fortunate that I'm in a position to ensure that Nyle gets a break frrom his daily work and gets a fortnight at the seaside or in the country when we go abroad. ( never never in kennels!) I think it is great for both domestic flights and those lucky enough to stay abroad for extended lengths of time, must confess though, don't know how he would cope in Spain greece or France in mid-summer? Anyway it is progress, so well done to all who are involved.

alistair
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.