Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Martyn60,

I can't answer your specific questions but..... I've just returned from Mallorca (the return flight was with Easyjet) and each passport is swiped in Palma airport at Passport control on arrival. I'm not sure what info this transfers but personally I wouldn't risk it. The Spanish government also request additional information be sent to them prior to all passengers arriving in Spain as well.

I believe that if you renew a passport you no longer lose the "overlap" as the new passport date is amended. Unless you aren't planning to travel abroad for the next few years, you would need to renew soon anyway (I think its cheaper to renew one than to leave a gap) so I would sort it now.... its not worth the worry over the next couple of months, or the hassle if you are refused entry either prior to leaving the UK or when you actually get to Mallorca. :cry

Hope you have a great hol whatever you decide to do.
Louise
Thanks Louise,

My sentiments exactly - don't really need the hassle at either end and will probably go abroad in the next couple of years anyway so will just get it done for £50.00 now i think!

When did you give the extra information to the airlines - we haven't been asked to submit these details although i understand that some operators send the details on when booking, so there isn't always a need to go through the extra swiping?

Either way - looking forward to the trip, cant come soon enough!

Thanks

Martyn :cheers
We're flying with easyJet and when I booked at the end there was a big yellow & red box saying to click there to enter the API. If you log onto your "my easyJet" account you'll be able to put the info in there as well, there will also be a link in your email confirmation.
EU law states that as long as the passport is valid for the length of the stay you will be allowed to travel within all member states. So there shouldn't be any hassle with either Gatwick or Palma passport control.. I travelled last year within Europe with only a few days left on my passport. The only problem you could encounter is with Easy Jet, they may have their own policy re passport validity. You could check on the Easyjet site for info.

P.S I just checked on the Easy Jet Website and under the heading Passport Information it states 'make sure your passport is valid for the duration of your trip'. So they don't have their own policy they just follow EU guidelines.
Thanks to everyone for their advice and information.

I will provide the passenger information on the easyjey site today and am sending off for a replacement passport this week whilst it is in my mind to do so! Despite the fact that i may not have any issues, atleast i will have peace of mind when we get to the airport to check in. £50 now as a renewal is better than £80 approx for a new one next year!

Cheers once again - what a great travel advice tool this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sun2
Martyn60
Hi there,
We had the same situation last Feb with our son, who was travelling on a passport that was due to expire shortly after we came home. We had no problems - as long as its valid, its valid.
Hi Martyn60,

Please be careful, my bro in laws passport was renewed before we went away & the actual passport no had changed when it came back, its not a problem as you can log into Easyjets site & change it after it has been entered, this is just to remind you to check it when the new passport comes back.

Deb.
Debbie,

Good call - i'll make a note before i send the current one out and ammend if necessary!

Cheers

Martyn60
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.